Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - HSS-928 sediment cup o-ring
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 01-10-2017, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
tom from mass

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
HSS-928 sediment cup o-ring

New member here.
Greetings,
I want to drain fuel tank on my brand new machine that was delivered to my home by an Authorized Honda Equipment Dealer in July or August 2016.I ASSUMED that they would have put a fuel additive (Startron) into the small amount of gas that they put into the fuel tank as they delivered it to me and gave a demonstration on how to operate it. After walking it up onto my dollie, I hadn't done anything with it until two weeks ago adding a can of "Tru Fuel" zero ethanol gas to fill it up.
This past Sunday we got 14" snow so I was eager to try it out. After reading the manual. Gas flow valve on, choke on, turn key cranking fast new battery. No start,nothing. Unbelievable! Of course they're closed it's Sunday.
I knew it was fuel related. On page 59 in the manual it says to loosen the drain knob to drain the carburetor. I drained about 10 oz. gas and could see water in it near the bottom. I drained a little more then tightened the knob and thankfully it started and ran fine.
I would feel better completely draining the tank and removing the sediment cup to make sure there's no crud in there. The manual says to replace the sediment cup o-ring. I asked the dealer for a new o-ring. He says I can't buy just the o-ring that I would have to buy the kit including a new cup for over $15.00. Does anyone know if I can purchase just the o-ring?
Thanks.
Tom

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome