Snowblower Forum banner

Dual attachment kit belt alignment

7K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Marcus 
#1 ·
Hello: I have just installed a dual auger belt attachment kit on my 2006 Ariens 11528LE .. The auger belt ran near the front edge of the original tensioner pulley. On the new dual belt kit the belts run on the rearward aspect of the tensioner pulley. One belt hangs over the edge... I will upload pictures to show this as soon as I figure out how ..... The rear most belt is about 1/4 off the tensioner pulley...

Is This O.K ? If anyone has a remedy to align this tensioner I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you. .....Marcus:smile:

#4 ·
Thank you for the info.

Thank you for the info... I am working my way to 10 posts and am enjoying it... I have found a old tread about a brand new Ariens compact 24 with the same exact problem... However , he had the same difficulty; No tensioner adjustment available... There was no definite solution from the tread other than returning the unit. Someone suggested moving the engine forward... I will try that. Not sure if the machine has adjustment for that but maybe I can gain 1/8 or 1/16 inch by snugging it forward.. Thanks again for the reply

#6 · (Edited)
Snowblower Forum Strikes Again

Thank you for you suggestion of installing washers on the engine shaft to space the pulleys.. It has worked wonderfully... Now why didn't I think of this? ... .. Don't answer that !

I used the OEM pulley upgrade from Ariens... So I didn't expect to need extra bushings.. But it all worked out well in the end...

I have uploaded before and after pictures..

Thanks again ....

Another problem solved by The Snow Blower Forum !

Now my turn to LOL. :wink:

*** The bushings may be difficult to see in the pics but I placed one on the shaft closest to the engine... This moved my traction pulley and the auger pulley forward a bit; which was needed ... The other is just behind the dual auger pulley... The before picture really doesn't show how far the belt had hung over the edge too well... I had pulled it over by hand a bit before the photo... .. OK... Thanks for looking ... Marcus

Attachments

#7 ·
Thank you for you suggestion of installing washers on the engine shaft to space the pulleys.. It has worked wonderfully... Now why didn't I think of this? ... .. Don't answer that !

I used the OEM pulley upgrade from Ariens... So I didn't expect to need extra bushings.. But it all worked out well in the end...

I have uploaded before and after pictures..

Thanks again ....

Another problem solved by The Snow Blower Forum !

Now my turn to LOL. :wink:

Well, now that we have pictures, it's obvious! That spiderman on the muffler guard was causing all the trouble.... or maybe not.:coolpics:

Reactions: Dauntae
#8 ·
Hello. I have same model ariens. Thank you and I got the same washer. Any reason why you put washer before the auger pulley attached to the crankshaft and the other washer behind the traction pulley in beginning of crankshaft?

I ended up just putting two washers before the auger dual pulley at crankshaft so I never took off the traction pulley and it seems fine. Hopefully these washers don’t rust but they are a perfect fit and solution.

#12 ·
Hello. I have same model ariens. Thank you and I got the same washer. Any reason why you put washer before the auger pulley attached to the crankshaft and the other washer behind the traction pulley in beginning of crankshaft?

I ended up just putting two washers before the auger dual pulley at crankshaft so I never took off the traction pulley and it seems fine. Hopefully these washers don’t rust but they are a perfect fit and solution.

#10 ·
We did you buy the washers from?

I would have inserted the two washers between the engine's traction pulley and the engine's auger pulley. The reason is that when the traction lever is depressed the traction belt alignment changes. The bottom traction pulley (the big one) moves backward to engage the traction.

When the traction lever is not depressed, the traction belt runs in the front part of the idler pulley and when the traction lever is depressed, the traction belt run on the back part of the idler pulley.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.