post #11 of 162 Old 01-18-2014, 09:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberT View Post
But, with minimum wage workers, and a less-than-concerned attitude, you know what can happen
exactly, again, why I refused to purchase one already "setup". I didn't want to buy one in which somebody else had the opportunity to screw something up on it and then all of a sudden it becomes my problem. Been there, done that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 162 Old 01-20-2014, 02:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 98
I performed this chute-to-body re-alignment on my MTD machine this morning. It was identical to the Ariens machine pictured in the video I can't believe the adjustment was so quick/simple I've been wrestling with that thru 6 yrs of ownership. Aligning the skids now is child's play. Machine now sits square on the ground for the first time.

2014 Ariens 21" Path Pro 938030
2014 Ariens 28" 921036 | poly skids | heated grips

2015 Ariens 24" SHO 921038 | ARMORskids
post #13 of 162 Old 01-23-2014, 09:14 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 8
Garage
Ariens, can your engineers look at the auto turn feature? It's easy to turn the machine around at the end of the driveway, but it is annoying at times going down the driveway. The machine hits a little resistance on 1 side and it unlocks a wheel making it start to turn or fishtail.

Can you guys add a lock out feature to the auto turn? Or at least make it less sensitive. I find the platinum 30 machine I just bought somewhat difficult to snowblow going straight down the driveway. Personally, I won't purchase another with this current auto turn feature. I just don't care for it.

Is there a way to adjust it to make it less sensitive? The fish tailing is annoying!
Thanks.
post #14 of 162 Old 01-23-2014, 11:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
Ariens, can your engineers look at the auto turn feature? It's easy to turn the machine around at the end of the driveway, but it is annoying at times going down the driveway. The machine hits a little resistance on 1 side and it unlocks a wheel making it start to turn or fishtail.

Can you guys add a lock out feature to the auto turn? Or at least make it less sensitive. I find the platinum 30 machine I just bought somewhat difficult to snowblow going straight down the driveway. Personally, I won't purchase another with this current auto turn feature. I just don't care for it.

Is there a way to adjust it to make it less sensitive? The fish tailing is annoying!
Thanks.
You are not alone with the problem of fishtailing, whatever name we give the problem it boils down to sharply going off course to the left, or right as the case may be, and after you straighten it out it almost immediately it happens again. Requiring the operator to make constant forced course corrections. A process which grows tiresome rather quickly. It's more problematic for some then others as asphalt surface conditions and compacted snow play a large part in just how bad it can get. Down hill, as in my case can be especially trying to deal with.

I switched to the Ariens brand plastic type of skid which at 1st blush seems to have mitigated the problem somewhat. The jury is still out though, I need more snowstorm time to see what difference they really make. Perhaps if you were to try the plastic type skids we could compare notes.
post #15 of 162 Old 01-24-2014, 05:55 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 8
Garage
I'm tempted to modify the skids and install small bearings on a shaft welded to the skids. This would act as steel wheels that won't wear out but simply roll down the driveway or sidewalk.
Years ago my uncle put a set on my dads snowbird machine. That home made steel bearing skid out lasted the machine. When I junked that then 35-ish old machine I should have pulled the wheels off of it. It would look great on the Ariens...
post #16 of 162 Old 01-24-2014, 06:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 0
I had made a call and talked to tech dept at ariens. I will say Im impressed with customer service with who I spoke to.i told him my experience which is only one time.they are sending poly skids for me to try .which I had ordered armour skids but havent received them yet.if we ever get some more snow il try both out.i am hoping skids will be the cure for my problem.
post #17 of 162 Old 01-24-2014, 08:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Throttlejunkie450, who did you talk with at Ariens support?
post #18 of 162 Old 01-24-2014, 08:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 9
I will concur with what throttlejunkie450 said. I've contacted Ariens a few times regarding different topics and every time they have been a pleasure to work with and talk to.
post #19 of 162 Old 01-24-2014, 10:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
On Ariens online chat support I have talked with Joy, Greg and Richard. On the phone just Richard. They were very professional customer service pros.
post #20 of 162 Old 01-24-2014, 11:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by docfletcher View Post
Throttlejunkie450, who did you talk with at Ariens support?
U can carry out a live chat on their web site, I talked to Richard a few times, he was very helpful.

The Nforesir
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Ariens Deluxe 24
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page