LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 162 Old 01-17-2014, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 41
Ariens Auto-Turn Adjustment

Some of you have mentioned that your auto-turn function is not working properly. Here is an instructional video as well as steps to adjust the housing to fix this problem.

Steps to adjust the housing
If you try these things and still are having trouble, the second link is our Support Page where you can reach out for additional answers.

If you have additional questions, let me know.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes LET-UT liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 162 Old 01-17-2014, 10:12 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 51
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 107
We appreciate the support Mary Lyn. Ariens has lots of friends here. Hopefully, with your help, the members with auto-turn issues can get them solved.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Larry
Snow Removal Equipment:
2014 Ariens Platinum 24
A collection of shovels that I try to avoid using
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 162 Old 01-18-2014, 06:00 AM
mkd

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
i have found my new 921030 to handle not much differently than my old 1985 924 with only one wheel locked in. is it perfect? probably not but way better than the shovels i have.
post #4 of 162 Old 01-18-2014, 06:30 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 2
Thanks for taking your time to help out. Its a friendly forum. I'm only a half hour from Brillion but never been there in my life time. I here its a nice town.

My Platinum 30 with only about 6 hours on it, is just working wonderful. The 414cc is amazing.

I never needed to do the adjustments that you posted here. I just put on your poly skids using thick piece of cardboard for a spacer under the scraper.

Its hard to describe, but it works like a straight axle when going straight and then a split axle when turning. It is easy to forget about it entirely and just go about the task of blowing snow.

Don't be a stranger, I think there may be a few questions brewing.

Ken

Last edited by ken53; 01-18-2014 at 06:32 AM.
post #5 of 162 Old 01-18-2014, 09:41 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 129
Likes (Received): 98
That's a great video. Did the presenter make mention how critical tire pressure would be when performing this adjustment

My MTD machine has this problem, the front housing is not square with the rest of the machine and I don't know how to adjust it....it wasn't assembled quite right, I gather. It's a REAL nuisance when trying to get the scraper blade adjusted so it's shaving uniformly when the machine is in motion

2014 Ariens 21" Path Pro 938030
2014 Ariens 28" 921036 | poly skids | heated grips

2015 Ariens 24" SHO 921038 | ARMORskids
post #6 of 162 Old 01-18-2014, 10:16 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
Why do we have to adjust the housing when it is a brand new machine? I had no idea about this and haven't had enough snow to try out my adjustment and my new "larger" skids I put on in an effort to help the situation with the auto-turn wanting to pull this way or that. My right skid was so worn down after only about 3 hours of use that it was ready to be turned over again! With as many people on this site that seem to be experiencing problems, I hope this video corrects everyones problems because if it doesn't, Ariens may want to consider a change or some sort of update to the machines. I have the Platinum 24, 2014 model.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks help thanked for this post
post #7 of 162 Old 01-18-2014, 10:39 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 129
Likes (Received): 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishrman View Post
Why do we have to adjust the housing when it is a brand new machine? I had no idea about this and haven't had enough snow to try out my adjustment and my new "larger" skids I put on in an effort to help the situation with the auto-turn wanting to pull this way or that. My right skid was so worn down after only about 3 hours of use that it was ready to be turned over again!
Yeah, you shouldn't have to correct this....should have been checked before the machine was delivered to you. But, with minimum wage workers, and a less-than-concerned attitude, you know what can happen

Your steel skid should last quite a while. That rate of wear is extreme.

I would definitely check the squareness of your machine on a flat surface and adjusted tire pressures, reset your scraper clearance.
post #8 of 162 Old 01-18-2014, 01:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberT View Post
Yeah, you shouldn't have to correct this....should have been checked before the machine was delivered to you. But, with minimum wage workers, and a less-than-concerned attitude, you know what can happen

Your steel skid should last quite a while. That rate of wear is extreme.

I would definitely check the squareness of your machine on a flat surface and adjusted tire pressures, reset your scraper clearance.
Ya, well, I adjusted the skids prior to first use and was never told anything about adjusting the chute. I have now put the new Armour Skids on and hopefully adjusted the chute and skids along with the proper tire pressure. I just could hardly believe my skid on the right side wore down as far as it did with approx. 3 hours of use. Here are some pics.

------------------------

---------------------
My machine with the new Armour Skids!
post #9 of 162 Old 01-18-2014, 04:09 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishrman View Post
Why do we have to adjust the housing when it is a brand new machine? I had no idea about this and haven't had enough snow to try out my adjustment and my new "larger" skids I put on in an effort to help the situation with the auto-turn wanting to pull this way or that. My right skid was so worn down after only about 3 hours of use that it was ready to be turned over again! With as many people on this site that seem to be experiencing problems, I hope this video corrects everyones problems because if it doesn't, Ariens may want to consider a change or some sort of update to the machines. I have the Platinum 24, 2014 model.

Edit:
I meant this to be about your "new skids" post. Sorry about that.

Just a helpful hint:
You might notice your machine climes a little more with those new skids. The more actual skid that is out in front of the scraper bar the more it will try to ride up. They are riding on snow that hasn't been blown yet and act like a ski trying to stay on top.

They look like they should make it a lot easier to steer though.

Have fun
Ken

Last edited by ken53; 01-18-2014 at 04:13 PM.
post #10 of 162 Old 01-18-2014, 09:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Received): 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberT View Post
That's a great video. Did the presenter make mention how critical tire pressure would be when performing this adjustment
I agree. I did this adjustment to mine during the initial setup after taking delivery this past winter. The first thing I did was to make sure I had the same amount of pressure in both tires. If you don't, you'll have a hard time getting it aligned properly. I simply approached it with a little common sense and was able to do this exact same procedure last year. That's the nice thing about taking delivery with it still in the crate, nobody has touched it yet and you can make sure everything's properly setup/aligned before it even gets gas.

Last edited by JRHAWK9; 01-18-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page