Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Snowmobile Escrow

Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums (http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/)
-   Ariens Snowblowers (http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/ariens-snowblowers/)
-   -   Looking to buy 28-32" Ariens.... (http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/ariens-snowblowers/18010-looking-buy-28-32-ariens.html)

jblakeman 02-23-2014 05:52 PM

Looking to buy 28-32" Ariens....

All,

I'm new to the forum and recently sold my MTD / Craftsman 28" snow blower that worked "ok" for me the last 10 years of ownership. The Tecumseh L-Head ran great as long as the carb was cleaned / maintained every year (fixed jets...), however the sloppy cable "joystick" chute controls and 12" impeller made for rough going when the snow got deep and frankly it started feeling worn even though there wasn't many hours on it....

Now I'm on the search for a gently used 28 - 32" Ariens as a replacement and looking for advice on what's best. Some of the machines I've been exploring on Craigslist are the following...
  • Deluxe 28 - 30 (Some Tecumseh, Some Briggs)
  • 1130DLE (11HP Tecumseh)
  • Pro 30 -32 (Polar Force Briggs)
  • ST1032 (Tecumseh)

Anything to look out for with these....they all have their little differences (engine's obviously) chute controls, handle bar, headlight choices, etc.

Thanks,

Jon

jblakeman 03-11-2014 12:25 AM

Thanks for the replies...ending up buying one that I was looking at....

pfn 03-11-2014 09:11 AM

I was travelling in February and missed your post. I have a 926043 (American Briggs) in Annapolis that I'd sell. I know you have already purchased one but if you want a top line machine this is it.

Vailen 03-12-2014 05:29 PM

Which one did you purchase?

Kiss4aFrog 03-12-2014 05:53 PM

You might have given better thought to the title and included something asking for help or info on buying used. Your title seems to say you're looking for a blower like it should be in classifieds and may be the reason people just breezed by it.

jblakeman 03-13-2014 08:47 PM

Thanks for the input....this forum gets plenty of traffic so I would have assumed after 2 weeks someone would have at least clicked on the title to see what I was inquiring about.....

Anyway to answer another post I picked up a 2013 Ariens Deluxe 30 with the 305cc Briggs. Seen very little use (lady foreclosed on house) and if I was going with a Briggs engine still wanted one made in the USA....

The snow seems to have stopped here in WI for this winter so it'll sit pretty till next season....