AL-

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj701 View Post
Nice snowblowers. I have a 5hp 20" model.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TjgvVa3_cXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I've just started working on mine. (4hp Briggs & Stratton) I was wondering how you repowered yours with a Tecumseh 0HH50 ... did you use the original speed reduction unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 02-13-2016, 02:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 32
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat 1975 View Post
Looking for help with my 1975 Bobcat snow blower...

The cable that engages the impeller drive is somehow loose and doesn't stay closed when I pull it up. I have removed the cable and spring which looks fine but it seems that the cable has come loose by 2-3 inches. Can I adjust this cable? I was thinking about a modification of some kind or ordering a new part, if that is even possible with these older machines...she's still a beautie machine

Help Please before the snow falls!

Sorry I have been so busy I was not able to keep up with this forum. Send me your email address I wills send you the manual. Rio
post #33 of 38 Old 02-13-2016, 05:56 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 5
Cody (and others):

The original question: your model # is the 724-5-10014. This model number as you posted it is not in the manual. Can you double check? Also see my later reference to my own machine below.

I also have the manual if anyone needs it, although I would need time to scan a copy (haven't had time yet).

Sadly, Steven R. Waite of Steve's Small Engine Repair Services Inc. is no longer in business (I spoke with him on the phone 1.5 weeks ago).

I have recently joined and posted about a broken impeller belt, which I'll be done fixing next week as I have scored a belt that fits! First - thanks to all of those that have helped (Brother Al and a few more). I have also learned a lot in the last two weeks, between the forum and asking other local mechanics.

So my bobcat is here:

Mine is also a T-7-2 (a 724). Like yours Cody, the last 5 digits are the serial #. Bobcat made roughly 1,000 machines a year, where mine is one of the last few made in 1976.

As to the belt, I have one that seems as if it will work but is probably a little too tight to allow the feeder clutch lever (1st stage auger) to operate properly. Meaning, the auger will always spin whether the lever is engaged or not.

As far as I am concerned, who cares? Auger spins relatively slowly (compared to second stage) and it will throw snow a county mile. I'll post another video when I get her up and running again.

The belt I used was:

3VX530 BANDO Power Ace Cog V-Belt, 3/8" Width, 53" Length

I am not done with the project yet but the belt is on (just doing a little tune-up now).

Next I just need some snow; been kinda light here in NJ!

Hope this helps and I'll post that manual when I get the time.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmann2011 View Post
I have a bobcat blower that Im trying to get information on. Im mostly searching to find out what I may be able to get out of it so I can sell it. I know nothing about bobcat so I figured why not come to the place for the best info.

Any how I looked at the tag on it and this is what I got for numbers, 724-5-10014

I have googled this number in different ways and got no results. Was hoping someone could give me some good insight or point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help.
Cody
thestonecarver likes this.
post #34 of 38 Old 02-13-2016, 07:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Likes (Given): 32
Bobcat snowthrower

Hi, I haven't been here in a while. I have 4 Bobcat snowthrowers. 2-5hp-24" one working one for parts. 2-8hp one 24" working and one 32" thats is almost perfect condition but has a few stripped head bolts. I plan to have that fixed for next winter. I have just scanned my Bobcat manual. Anyone the needs a copy email me and I will send you the pdf file. After many calls I found a very nice man named Melvin who finally matched up a belt that works just great. Unfortunately Melvin has passed away but you can still get the belts from the company. Belt is #SPZ1375. JayDee Enterprises Inc. 1-800-989-0162 Ext 21 Ask for Kim. I have been using these belts for over 2 yrs now with out a problem. $15.00 plus s&h. Also I just found a B&S repair manual I must have picked up somewhere when I as a kid and fascinated with lawn mower engines. The Manual is 40 yrs old! I have had it at least that long. It has very good schematics of B&S engine with the gear reduction units on them. If you need a schematic of that let me know. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeytheflop View Post
Cody (and others):

The original question: your model # is the 724-5-10014. This model number as you posted it is not in the manual. Can you double check? Also see my later reference to my own machine below.

I also have the manual if anyone needs it, although I would need time to scan a copy (haven't had time yet).

Sadly, Steven R. Waite of Steve's Small Engine Repair Services Inc. is no longer in business (I spoke with him on the phone 1.5 weeks ago).

I have recently joined and posted about a broken impeller belt, which I'll be done fixing next week as I have scored a belt that fits! First - thanks to all of those that have helped (Brother Al and a few more). I have also learned a lot in the last two weeks, between the forum and asking other local mechanics.

So my bobcat is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMfoGpJ45-s

Mine is also a T-7-2 (a 724). Like yours Cody, the last 5 digits are the serial #. Bobcat made roughly 1,000 machines a year, where mine is one of the last few made in 1976.

As to the belt, I have one that seems as if it will work but is probably a little too tight to allow the feeder clutch lever (1st stage auger) to operate properly. Meaning, the auger will always spin whether the lever is engaged or not.

As far as I am concerned, who cares? Auger spins relatively slowly (compared to second stage) and it will throw snow a county mile. I'll post another video when I get her up and running again.

The belt I used was:

3VX530 BANDO Power Ace Cog V-Belt, 3/8" Width, 53" Length

I am not done with the project yet but the belt is on (just doing a little tune-up now).

Next I just need some snow; been kinda light here in NJ!

Hope this helps and I'll post that manual when I get the time.

Mike

Last edited by thestonecarver; 02-13-2016 at 08:03 PM.
post #35 of 38 Old 02-13-2016, 08:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 55
I have to check who it was but a member said he bought all of Steve's bobcat parts/supplies Etc. I will take a look or someone will remember and chime in.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks thestonecarver thanked for this post
post #36 of 38 Old 01-10-2017, 01:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
I have a Bobcat Model 724-5 (Sn 10375). I've been trying to locate a feeder drive shaft 66127A. I was disappointed to hear that Steve's is no longer in business. Did anyone find out who took over the inventory? Does anyone know the size of the roller chain? Perhaps I can find a sprocket, and replace just that piece.
post #37 of 38 Old 01-10-2017, 05:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 26
Likes (Received): 2
In case any of you are interested, I saw this on EBAY
The machine is in Dover, New Jersey USA.

BOBCAT SELF PROPELLED SNOW BLOWER | eBay

or search for " BOBCAT SELF PROPELLED SNOW BLOWER "
post #38 of 38 Old 01-12-2017, 12:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 64
Likes (Received): 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJan View Post
I have a Bobcat Model 724-5 (Sn 10375). I've been trying to locate a feeder drive shaft 66127A. I was disappointed to hear that Steve's is no longer in business. ....
If he's out of business,I wonder why his website is still up offering Bobcat parts for sale,including the feeder shaft you're looking for?

Selling off his inventory?

I had two Bobcats and wound up having to replace that sprocket shaft.I bought a newly made one online that turned out to be garbage and then had one made by a local machinist.He cut the old sprocket off the shaft and welded a new one on.Unfortunately,he knew nothing about re-hardening the sprocket afterwards,and the sprocket failed very quickly.

My solution was to get rid of the Bobcats and I don't regret it.

Last edited by Mike C.; 01-12-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page