Crary bearcat problemo - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 Old 11-03-2013, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Alright, here are a group of pictures from the pivot point of the arm that holds the idler pulley all the way over to the rod that connects the hand lever rod. If that makes any sense.
when I put the slightest amount of preasure on the squeeze handle things start to engage. Doesn't seem to be any slop or play. Everything starts to move immediately. Hope these help the progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 55
your adjustment is in pic number 4. the thread on the steel rod goes through the fitting and on the other side of that fitting where it goes through the flat steel there is most likely a cotter pin. take out the pin, thread the fitting further up the steel rod and thats the adjustment.

if it is all engaging but doesnt move with the wheels on the ground:

with the covers off did you start and engage the drive with the wheels on the ground. it would be a good place to start. as it sits running and engaged but not moving you should see which pulley isnt spinning at the right speed or not at all. either the bottom rear most pulley will be sitting still while the belt and upper 2 pulleys spin or the upper most pulley will be spinning but the belt wont be turning.

if everything is spinning fine but it still does not move, something else is wrong.
post #13 of 29 Old 11-03-2013, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I've had the cover off the whole time staring at it for hours while its running. Wheels on the ground, wheels off the ground. Pulleys are spinning the whole time its running and the idler pulley spins when the handles depressed. I've watched alot of donyboy73 and thought I had a handle on how this would work. If I had a more common machine I might have had her licked by now, but it might be time to suck it up and find a way to bring it to some hired help. Still hopeful there is an answer here for me yet though. Any other ideas are welcome.
post #14 of 29 Old 11-03-2013, 10:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
There should be another steel rod for the gear shifting of the trans. Disconnect the linkage as close to the trans as possible and manually shift the trans. You might not be getting full engagement of the trans.
post #15 of 29 Old 11-03-2013, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
So here is where the gear shift rod goes to. When I shift I can clearly feel each gear firmly. Disconnected the connection and shifted by hand. Felt firmly in gear but no go with the handle squeezed. Sounded like the motor experienced a slight load but faded quickly after squeezing the handle.
post #16 of 29 Old 11-04-2013, 12:10 AM

Post Thanks / Like
was working in the garage, going to have to mull this one over. after midnight here, will get back to you.
post #17 of 29 Old 11-04-2013, 07:55 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 51
take a good look at the pulley on the lower right and the gear behind it and the sprocket being driven by the chain in the middle closely. Put a mark with a piece of chalk on the shaft and pulley and make sure you dont have any slippage. There may be a sheared key allowing some drag making the wheels turn when unloaded by not when loaded.

carl
post #18 of 29 Old 11-04-2013, 08:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Great point, was thinking the same thing
post #19 of 29 Old 11-04-2013, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Good morning Carl and TD. I'll give that a look tonight when I get home from work and report my findings. Your help is greatly appreciated.
post #20 of 29 Old 11-04-2013, 07:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 1
Scrawny your camera seems like it can take clear pics...can you increase the pixel size....These guys are good....tough to see due to picture size. Might help a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page