The Story of a mid 80's Sear Craftsmen snowblower C950-52679 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 12-30-2015, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 5
The Story of a mid 80's Sear Craftsmen snowblower C950-52679

While growing up my father always had a snowblower. It was a Sear Craftsmen 10/28, if I recall correctly. Dad always used it on our driveway and on the older neighbors. I never used it, I was the shovel operator ;-). Fast forward 20 years, and I kept on using the shovel, that was what I knew. Last winter, we received a huge amount of snow. It was time to get a snowblower. I good friend of mine told me that his neighbour had one that he wanted to get rid of. I went to pick it up the snowblower to find that the snowblower, a Sear Craftsmen 10/32 was missing the hand start, the belly pan and the plastic belt cover. I took it anyway. Got the old girl running with in a few days.

I started to search for the missing parts to find that the parts were not cheap with shipping factored in. On Kijiji (Canadian Craigs list) there was the matching snowblower with two lawn mowers for $50.00 within 20 minutes away. The owner said that he was tired of spending money to the local repair guy and wanted it gone.

I went to go see the snowblower for the parts I needed to find that the snowblower was in fine condition and all there. When I get her home she would not start, took the carb off and cleaned it. It was dirty... Got the ol girl going and replaced the belts. That was in June.

We received our first storm here in Nova Scotia 3 days ago, the snowblower ran great all day. After dinner, I went back out with my GoPro to make a video and within a few minutes the snowblower did not want to move forward... I found the cause...

My upper axle had sheared off.

Lucky, I had a spare snowblower, I removed the axle that I required and installed it. I was off to the races once again.

Overall, I have the grand total of $87.00 in the snowblower and fully impressed with her!

Cheers,

Lawrence
justintendo likes this.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes nwcove liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-30-2015, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I have searched the internet high and low for the manual, without luck. If anyone has a copy please PM me.

Sear Craftsmen snowblower C950-52679

Thanks,

Lawrence
post #3 of 16 Old 12-30-2015, 12:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 169
Thanks (Received): 247
Likes (Given): 975
Likes (Received): 409
good job Lawrence on keeping the old craftsman useable

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052
1-.............,TORO XL 624..............
1-............, TORO XL 824..............
william
post #4 of 16 Old 12-30-2015, 05:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 22
Likes (Given): 141
Likes (Received): 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsettle View Post
I have searched the internet high and low for the manual, without luck. If anyone has a copy please PM me.

Sear Craftsmen snowblower C950-52679

Thanks,

Lawrence
wow, it really isn't out there. i am surprised.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by db130; 12-30-2015 at 05:45 PM.
post #5 of 16 Old 12-30-2015, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 553
Thanks (Received): 222
Likes (Given): 584
Likes (Received): 596
I love a story with a happy ending. It's always good to hear these positive tales of older machines that just keep on going, and the owners who take care of them. Thanks for sharing it and the photos Lawrence.

I'm pretty much retired from the forum thing, but I check in every now and then.
post #6 of 16 Old 12-31-2015, 06:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 51
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 98
Congrats, great total investment there. I do have a manual for a c950-52730 (11 HP 30") manual & a c950-52930 both in pdf format. Don't know how many parts are comparable to what you have or not. If you want it (let me know which one), PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.
post #7 of 16 Old 01-01-2016, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I was able to scan a parts manual for a Sears Craftsmen 10 H.P. 28inch and 32inch.

PM me if you would like a copy.

Cheers,

Lawrence
post #8 of 16 Old 01-01-2016, 09:29 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 59
Nice story, Happy ending and congrats on a nice snowblower.

Lee

John Deere TRS32
Craftsman 1032 Drift Breaker
John Deere 1032
Bolens 1032
John Deere 1032 Project
post #9 of 16 Old 01-01-2016, 09:53 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 111
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 682
Likes (Received): 207
That is a good story! That machine is lucky you found her! Thanks for sharing!

('72 Sears 3520)

('89 Toro 824)

('70 Allis-Chalmers Tracker-7)

('80 Toro 724)

('95 Ariens ST724)
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks lsettle thanked for this post
post #10 of 16 Old 01-31-2016, 09:43 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 0
I have a Craftsman C950 52679 32" 10HP snowblower. Been having 'issues' for a couple years. Always had a fallback in my Wheel Horse tractor with a Plow. No longer, the trans-axle is apparently kaput. So a few hours, clean the carb (ethanol) new fuel hose, spark plug, new belt on the blower drive. Used to be tough to start, always needed multiple tries and the electric start, now, choke and one pull of the rope!

Tested on week old HEAVY semi-frozen snow from last week. I am READY for the next snow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page