Briggs and Tecumseh Parts (New) $5500 worth for $1000 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-13-2017, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
524SWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: CNY USA
Posts: 180
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 17
Briggs and Tecumseh Parts (New) $5500 worth for $1000

near Syracuse NY

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/grd/5988391360.html
524SWE is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 02-13-2017, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
micah68kj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: State of confusion. But mostly in S. C. Pa.
Posts: 4,048
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 197
Likes (Given): 129
Likes (Received): 545
This is probably a good deal but not for me.

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.

Toro 5/21
Ariens 5/22 ss
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24
Old green plastic snow shovel
Old quarry shovel for ice.
micah68kj is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 02-13-2017, 10:22 PM
Senior Member
 
dbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,267
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 99
Likes (Given): 80
Likes (Received): 208
I know someone that could probably use this, too bad it's so far away.
My 21-year-old son has his own outdoor power equipment shop. He moved to a bigger shop in October and mentioned the other day he has seen over 750 machines for repair since moving. He's entering the slow season now though. A couple months from now he will be slammed again with everyone's ethanol-induced mower problems I'm sure.
dbert is online now  
post #4 of 7 Old 02-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Senior Member
 
micah68kj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: State of confusion. But mostly in S. C. Pa.
Posts: 4,048
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 197
Likes (Given): 129
Likes (Received): 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbert View Post
I know someone that could probably use this, too bad it's so far away.
My 21-year-old son has his own outdoor power equipment shop. He moved to a bigger shop in October and mentioned the other day he has seen over 750 machines for repair since moving. He's entering the slow season now though. A couple months from now he will be slammed again with everyone's ethanol-induced mower problems I'm sure.
I was thinking about Bridger when I saw this.
That BCS runs and tills great.

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.

Toro 5/21
Ariens 5/22 ss
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24
Old green plastic snow shovel
Old quarry shovel for ice.
micah68kj is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 02-13-2017, 11:41 PM
Senior Member
 
dbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,267
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 99
Likes (Given): 80
Likes (Received): 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by micah68kj View Post
I was thinking about Bridger when I saw this.
That BCS runs and tills great.
I think I got distracted and forgot to reply to your PM about the BCS tiller. I was glad to hear all the good news.
Speaking of parts.
Bridger spends a lot of time in his day on the phone ordering parts from all over. It's interesting however that OEM Replacement parts for Tools, Appliances, Consumer Electronics and more | eReplacement Parts is literally 5 minutes from his shop. A huge e-tailer with orders from all over, and he just goes to their will-call desk every day. Because it's 5 minutes on the other side from where we live, he typically has one of his employees stop by every morning to pick up yesterday's order because it's on their way to work.
dbert is online now  
post #6 of 7 Old 02-14-2017, 08:13 AM
Senior Member
 
micah68kj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: State of confusion. But mostly in S. C. Pa.
Posts: 4,048
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 197
Likes (Given): 129
Likes (Received): 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbert View Post
I think I got distracted and forgot to reply to your PM about the BCS tiller. I was glad to hear all the good news.
Speaking of parts.
Bridger spends a lot of time in his day on the phone ordering parts from all over. It's interesting however that OEM Replacement parts for Tools, Appliances, Consumer Electronics and more | eReplacement Parts is literally 5 minutes from his shop. A huge e-tailer with orders from all over, and he just goes to their will-call desk every day. Because it's 5 minutes on the other side from where we live, he typically has one of his employees stop by every morning to pick up yesterday's order because it's on their way to work.
I have ordered from that company. Good prices and fast delivery. I repaired both washer and gas dryer with parts I ordered from here. .. Must be nice to have a place so close by.
(Don't look too closely at the trukey baster gas tank I have temporarily taped to the handlebar.)

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.

Toro 5/21
Ariens 5/22 ss
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24
Old green plastic snow shovel
Old quarry shovel for ice.
micah68kj is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 02-14-2017, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
 
sscotsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NY, USA
Posts: 2,753
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 216
Likes (Given): 77
Likes (Received): 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by 524SWE View Post
I am highly doubtful of his estimate of $5,500 for the value of the parts..
why?
because he doesn't even know how to spell "Tecumseh"..which makes me believe he has no idea what he has, and is just guessing at the value.
if he cant even spell the name, he is clueless about the parts.

scot


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sscotsman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome