STRIPPED spark plug hole Honda HSS928 (2014) from dealer :( - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 148 Old 12-11-2016, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 11
STRIPPED spark plug hole Honda HSS928 (2014) from dealer :(

Hi guys,

I haven't posted here for a while. But today was the day I was replacing the oil and spark plugs in my Honda lawn mower, my Honda pressure washer and also decided to replaced the one my my beloved Honda HSS 928 snowblower.

It was a the first time I was replacing it and it was a nightmare to unscrew it. At first I was: "It must be because the blower is new and the threads are new" It was incredible the amount of force I had to put on the spark plug to remove it. At this time I wasn't really worried until I tried to screw the new one by hand, it was impossible, with the same ratchet I used for the mower and pressure washer and I couldn't even screw it. At this point I was freaking out.

The first year I used the blower for around 40 hours and last year I only used it 3 times for like 2 hours each sessions.

At this point I realized why I had so much trouble starting it. Let me show you some threads I created the past 2 years about this
And also this thread where I noticed that the dealer didn't put enough oil in the engine
In the Honda HSS928 Pre-Delivery manual (The manual that the dealers use to build the machine when they receive it, it is clearly indicated that THEY install the spark plug.
BUT THEY DECIDED TO DELIVER ME A BLOWER WITH A STRIPPED SPARK PLUG HOLE

This is unnacceptable as a Honda Dealer.

What should I do, and by the way, its them here Pridex Sports

Can someone help me, I wish Robert@Honda could guide me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 148 Old 12-11-2016, 07:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 8
Garage
Nicely go the the dealer where you bought it and tell them your story. Maybe they will replace the head for free.
post #3 of 148 Old 12-11-2016, 09:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 86
Thanks (Received): 221
Likes (Given): 271
Likes (Received): 320
PM Robert@honda and ask him for his advice on how to handle the situation and go from there.
post #4 of 148 Old 12-11-2016, 10:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 76
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 38
Likes (Received): 16
Garage
good luck with the dealer after 2 years.

you can get a spark plug hole repair kit at the auto parts store to tap out the hole and put new thread insert in to match your spark plug.

you will not have to remove the head.

what goes around comes around
post #5 of 148 Old 12-12-2016, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I never signed a PDI form. They never gave me any yellow sheet.
post #6 of 148 Old 12-12-2016, 01:57 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 85
Thanks (Received): 54
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 256
Sorry... but am I the only one to find it hard to believe that Honda ships and stores their blowers with the spark plug uninstalled and the cylinder open to atmosphere, only for the dealer to install the plug just prior to delivery?

Something's missing from this story. Sorry again but your linked posts more than hint that you are not too familiar with small engines... are you positive you didn't do something like turn the plug the wrong way initially? And if the plug seemed tight enough that you needed "incredible... amount of force" to turn it then why did you proceed anyhow?

And hold off on the bold red letters please. We get it.

☮ Yanmar YSRA1000DX-E ☮
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes tdipaul, Kiss4aFrog liked this post
post #7 of 148 Old 12-12-2016, 05:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 385
Thanks (Received): 178
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangputeh View Post
good luck with the dealer after 2 years.

you can get a spark plug hole repair kit at the auto parts store to tap out the hole and put new thread insert in to match your spark plug.

you will not have to remove the head.
There is only 1 flaw in that theory. you will get shaving down into piston and piston walls.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 148 Old 12-12-2016, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanmar Ronin View Post
Sorry... but am I the only one to find it hard to believe that Honda ships and stores their blowers with the spark plug uninstalled and the cylinder open to atmosphere, only for the dealer to install the plug just prior to delivery?

Something's missing from this story. Sorry again but your linked posts more than hint that you are not too familiar with small engines... are you positive you didn't do something like turn the plug the wrong way initially?

I hope you are kidding me? I just mentionned that I changed the oïl and the park plug in all of my other Honda power Equipment.
I also rebuilt the carbs in those machine since I bought them used.

But the snowblower was new.

And turning the wrong way? Seriously?

Quote:
And if the plug seemed tight enough that you needed "incredible... amount of force" to turn it then why did you proceed anyhow?

And hold off on the bold red letters please. We get it

I really like how instead of helping me find some solution...you blame me.
post #9 of 148 Old 12-12-2016, 09:02 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 86
Thanks (Received): 221
Likes (Given): 271
Likes (Received): 320
I do NOT think that he is trying to blame you but instead he is saying (and I agree with it) that is never heard that the spark plug would be missing upon arrival to a dealer or that it would have to be changed on a brand new Honda engine before delivery.
If the dealer did replace the spark plug, the question would be "Why they did it....???"
I insist in the fact that you should PM robert@honda, ask him for his advice on how to handle the situation and go from there..... If the Dealer caused the damage, I'm confident that you'll be able to get it resolved.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Yanmar Ronin thanked for this post
Likes Mike C. liked this post
post #10 of 148 Old 12-12-2016, 09:03 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 385
Thanks (Received): 178
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaRLiToS View Post
I never signed a PDI form. They never gave me any yellow sheet.
What in the name of ZEUS is a PDI Form anyway???????

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page