Buying a used Yamaha SB. - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Snowmobile Escrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #11

Default Other Yamaha's

Twofishy4u had a Yamaha at one time, he might be able to shed some light on the various aspects of your machine.

Here's a quick discussion on that one:
1st usage of Yamaha ys624t (new to me)

Hopefully he may be able to help with your questions etc. Good luck
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #12

I had a yammi blower last year. Engine takes 5w-30. Front gear box takes gear lube, 75-90 is what I used. Make sure to check for an external fuel filter and get one if it doesn't have one. Good machines but turning and reversing with tracks is tough.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to ComicDom1

I think its cool you bought a Yamaha Snow blower. I happen to have one of their garden tractors that I bought in 2000 and its still going. I had no idea that Yamaha made snow blowers but it is interesting to find out.

Jason
Old 12-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #14

Yesterday, we got hit with quite a bit of snow, and I couldn't WAIT to put my Yamaha SB to work. At first, I was a bit worried because of not being able to 'pull start' it. I then shoveled out a pathway by which to get the unit closer to my exterior electrical outlet. Marrying an extension cord to it proved to be the cat's meow. The unit fired up, and went about doing what it was manufactured to do like nobody's business (my previous JD snowblower - even at 2HP more - would not have been able to hold a candle to this thing). two issues I had were as follows:

1. I thought I had read that the SB took 30wt oil, and that is what I had put in it. I lost the PDF user manual for it, when I had to format my system, which is why I called myself going from memory). Now, I have found that the unit takes 5-30wt oil instead. So, I will drain what's in there, and fill it with the proper oil.

2. The first hour of operation went just fine. Then, it shut down. restarting was not a problem, as long as it just sit. Once it put again under load, it shut down. It kept doing that, and I wound up retiring it to the garage. I wonder what might have caused that to happen, and hope someone might be able to shed some ideas on the matter.

Advanced thanks.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #15

I have been actively researching snowblowers for about 4 years now, and the general opinion about Yahama snowblowers around the internet seems to be something like:

They are quite uncommon, Yahama seems to make far less snowblowers overall than most other manufacturers. But they enjoy a very good reputation, up there next to Honda snowblowers (which are often said to be the best of the best)

So, they seem rare, but much admired..nice find!

Scot
Old 12-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #16

Welcome aboard NLAston! Do you have a Model number and serial number? Might help some of us find some info for you.. I saw one of those on craigslist a while back thought it was a strong looking machine....Best of luck!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #17

I believe that is a YS624 or an YS828...Measure the front of the auger housing to be sure...

I know you can buy a manual here and some parts:

https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/P...3&shopcat=sale

Skids, friction wheels, scraper bars here:
https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/P...&NumRecords=30

Or check with your local yamaha dealer as well...
Old 12-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #18

Just realized your earlier posts were in September but maybe that info is a help anyways... NLAston Any luck finding another Manual and how is the parts search going??

Sounds like an overheat issue or maybe it has a safety sensor when it gets to hot???

Maybe wrong oil is causing it to overheat...SAE 30 is for 40 and above! Not sure if that is the cause...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement