Snowblower Forum banner

"March Nor'easter could be 'biggest snow' of season for Northeast"

26K views 177 replies 67 participants last post by  drmerdp 
#1 ·
#3 ·
ahh, it will probably just be rain, especially if your machine is tuned to the teeth and ready for anything.

If you want to ensure show, go out and break a part that will take a couple of weeks to get.

:huh:

#20 ·
Bite your tongue, Skutflut. Yer bummin me out!

That's what I'm thinking, though. I'd gladly be repentant about predicting end of snow!

#6 ·
I'm in deep regret with this snow right now, I didn't do the impeller mod when I put it together intending to pull it apart again when it warms up for paint, Well when I got home from work I had to clear the slushy snow before the temps dropped and it turned to ice, Holy clogging batman, Was NOT a good time with constant clogging.

Reactions: Sblg43
#8 ·
I was living in Cleve, Oh. in 78. Man what a time we had.
Living in eastern West Va in 93 and we got 29".
Last year here in S.C. Pa. we got 33" if I remember correctly. Maybe it was 36".
Just found this pic. We live between the "A" and "J" in the word, major...
Hoping we don't get hit.

#11 ·
Philadelphia 6-12 inches with upwards of 24".

#15 ·
I'm originally from Chautauqua County and the winters in the late 70s were pretty epic. Usually the only time we see snow storms in the Hudson Valley are when they are Noreasters and they are almost always the wet heavy stuff.

I have to make sure the driveway is cleared of all sticks before Tuesday because the winds we had here really blew a lot of crap around and a stick could take out a shear pin at the worst time. In fact I think I'll have my shear pins and wrenches in the house just in case.

#21 ·
I've had two storms over 2 feet this winter here in Southern Maine, so this probably won't be my biggest storm. That said I will be tickled to get the foot they are predicting. Still using my Troy Bilt Storm 3090 XP with the busted remote chute control. Can't wait til next winter when I will be using an Ariens.

#22 ·
Yesterday the weather.com forecast for my area on Tuesday was 13-20" of snow :icon_smile_shock: :eeek:

Today, that forecast looks a bit downgraded . . . now being 9-15" of snow :huh:

Weather.gov (NOAA) has the forecast at 'at least' 6" . . . 'most likely' 12-18" . . . 'potential for as much as' 20" . . . for my area. (Boston suburbs) :smiley-confused009:

The local news stations are being a bit vague at this point . . . talking about 12" +/-

Regardless, I guess it is going to snow in the northeast USA on Tuesday

#26 ·
Central NJ across from Philadelphia was upgraded from 6"-12" with on the border of 12" to 12"-18" still on the border of 12".

#27 ·
Just saw a summary of local forecasts for the Boston area. Yeah, a lot of them are talking about 12-18" for my area. Now, of course, for one of the last storms, they predicted significantly more than we actually got, so who knows. But the blower and generator are fueled up, if it really hits.

#31 ·
I left for a 3 week long vacation to Dubai on the 14th of last month, enjoyed the 80+ degree dry weather there for the entirety of the trip, noticed the 2~3 feet high snow piles dwindle down to nothing back home on the security cameras and was excited to come back home to nice warm weather.

I guess I should have stayed there for another week or so :), oh well, non of my machines are winterized just yet so we'll deal with what ever is thrown our way.

#34 ·
Dubai was great, got used to the 80+ weather real quick. Even though its a concrete jungle but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I still would have preferred going to Italy rather as that was the initial plan till the SO decided she wants to visit Dubai.

I usually do just the basic when winterizing my machines i.e. top off the fuel tanks with treated fuel, empty out the carb, throw a few squirts of oil in the cylinder.

#35 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.