Snowblower Forum banner

how do you polish your blower?

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  orangputeh 
#1 ·
just bought an old honda which i would like to polish to a near new condition.

what kind of polish would give me the best result?

do you do it by hand or can you suggest an electric polisher?

thanks

#3 ·
Depends on how beat the finish is. Can't imagine you could get a polishing pad into all the nooks and crannies. Any liquid polish will bring some color back if it's just oxidized a bit. But red enamel is the only thing that will bring back a 'near new' look. I just drained and fogged my fuel tank yesterday and gave my Honda blower a coat of Fluid Film to put it to sleep.

#4 ·
the machine is in excellent condition. no scratches or dents. oxidation is all.

i don't want to paint it. I just wanted to know if their was a way to bring the original color back out.

what is fluid film?

#6 ·
If there is some fading, to bring it back, use auto polishing compound then a polish on top.

Reactions: orangputeh
#7 ·
Meguiars Ultimate Polish is a good polish that can be used by hand and if you need something with a little more cut Scratch X 2.0 is good to, If these product don't get the result you looking for then Ultimate Compound is good and can be used by hand. They can be found at any local auto parts store or Walmart.

#8 ·
Post a pic of the extant of paint damage. I'm not a pro but from detailing cars with my brother here is what I know. Your paint is damaged there are different ways to repair it. Permanent or temporary. Any processes that doesn't involve a new coat either just a clear coat or respray is considered temporary. As polishing and waxing is just a protection and mimicking of a glossy coat. I would clean the paint as best as possible with a process using a process of soap, clay bar, rubbing compound, and then spray a clear coat on the treated parts. The clear is very easy to use and will give you longer lasting results and great paint protection.
Without clear coat method with be the next choice. I like Meguires or Turtle wax polish. I 've had great results with both. And then how ever many layers of wax you want to apply. The more the better. The wax acts like a clear coat and the the faster it comes off the more often you will have to polish and relax to keep that deep paint color. Check out Meguires detailing forum as well. Many great tips.
Also I use the polishing ball on small engine detailing. Comes in a few sizes and makes the job a breeze. Any wax or polish that does not require machine application is not a best choice. You just won't get the same results by hand polishing or waxing. Also don't use a canuba wax if you want a long lasting finish. The natural ingredient breaks down faster than the non synthetic products.

Reactions: orangputeh
#12 ·
Thanks everyone.

I have Mother's and Turtle Wax . I am ordering some polishing balls from Amazon. I already started and it is already starting to look good. Not brand new but close.

A lot of elbow grease. I'll post some before and after pics and see if anyone has some other suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.