Running on choke - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Snowmobile Escrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #1

Default Running on choke

I have a John Deere walk behind 1028e that will only run on half choke. I've had it at local dealer for this issue with no results. He cleaned the carb and changed plug, but no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #2

Default Choke issue

First off Welcome to the forum.

On your issue, alot depends on engine, model etc. Give some more details or pictures would be very helpful. Sounds like it's in the carb, whether it's been worked on already or not.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marreque View Post
I have a John Deere walk behind 1028e that will only run on half choke. I've had it at local dealer for this issue with no results. He cleaned the carb and changed plug, but no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.
If the engine is running on half choke then it is starving for fuel. Either there is a clog from the tank to the carb, the needle is sticking, the float is adjusted incorrectly, the carb is dirty or mis-adjusted, or you have an air leak between the carb and manifold or the manifold and engine. I would check for an air leak first because it is the easiest to do, followed by a fuel flow check from the tank. If both of those fail then the carb needs to be gone through again. carl
Old 03-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #4

Briggs & Stratton snow series 14.5
Old 03-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #5

I have rebuilt many Carbs and if it is the emissions style carb with no adjustable jets they sometimes will only run with a liittle choke.

If it was a reg adjustable carb a small turn of the jet screw would fix it.

I have done some emissions and they have the proper power and run well under half choke.

Find out if the shop did a carb clean out or a real rebuild where they pulled the welch plugs and soaked the carb for a few days.

That would make all the difference

Or a replacement carb
Old 03-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #6

I think it's a Nikki carb??
Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #7

I am not too familiar with them. A couple pictures of the carb and we would see if it is adjustable or not.
Regardless of what kind it is if it was just cleaned out and not rebuilt with a soak then it is still dirty jnside
Old 03-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #8

It's non adjustable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement