This Cordless Two-Stage Snow Thrower Will Keep Your Driveway Clear All Winter - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 Old 11-04-2016, 07:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 22
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 57
Is Mr Admin supplying this for forum fuel or promotional purposes?

(same goes for the 10 Must Haves from a few days ago)

Toro Snowmaster 824 QXE
Toro Super Recycler 20381
Husqvarna 150BT
Husqvarna 223L
ETQ TG72K12 7250/8250
Stihl 009
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes SnowG liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 Old 11-04-2016, 07:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 160
Thanks (Received): 238
Likes (Given): 910
Likes (Received): 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smolenski7 View Post
Sorry boys, but I think you are looking at the future. It just makes too much sense. Electric motors have too much going for them. They're very efficient, don't require any maintenance, and require no gas which means no emissions and low operating costs. Currently there are obvious limitations like run time and power, however, I bet my 14 year old son will buy an electric snowblower one day that is the equivalent to my Ariens 24" Deluxe.
emissions : the emissions is coming from the electric plant not the snowblower
hopefully your son has a bunch of great electric snowblowers to choose from in the future but right now petro powered snowblowers rules

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052
1-.............,TORO XL 624..............
1-............, TORO XL 824..............
william
Likes SnowG liked this post
post #13 of 26 Old 11-04-2016, 07:58 PM

Location: nova scotia-south shore - ave annual snowfall 199.4 cm ( 78.5 ")
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 103
Likes (Given): 166
Likes (Received): 323
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smolenski7 View Post
Sorry boys, but I think you are looking at the future. It just makes too much sense. Electric motors have too much going for them. They're very efficient, don't require any maintenance, and require no gas which means no emissions and low operating costs. Currently there are obvious limitations like run time and power, however, I bet my 14 year old son will buy an electric snowblower one day that is the equivalent to my Ariens 24" Deluxe.
dont want to open a can of worms.......but " no emissions"?.....sure the machine itself is "zero" emissions, but it would take 20 years of trouble free use to negate the the impact of the manufacturing and disposal of the batteries . i truely wish we were at the point where the sun, wind and water could support our energy needs with no impact to our planet. .imho...we are still in the caveman stage as far as being "green" goes.
detdrbuzzard likes this.

24 " 1967? Ariens Sno thro
28 " Ariens Sno Tek
Toro CCR ss
1966 Gravely LI Walk behind with dog eater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 26 Old 11-04-2016, 09:15 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 19
Thanks (Received): 95
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 189
I've little doubt that someday they will laugh that we used gasoline for our snow blowers. It's just too soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdipaul View Post
Is Mr Admin supplying this for forum fuel or promotional purposes?

(same goes for the 10 Must Haves from a few days ago)
I'm believing this is promotional material.
My advice would be to just let them provide some funding to the folks that make snowblowerforums possible and take their money and understand what posts to ignore.
hsblowersfan likes this.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes nwcove, detdrbuzzard liked this post
post #15 of 26 Old 11-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 204
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbert View Post

I'm believing this is promotional material.
My advice would be to just let them provide some funding to the folks that make snowblowerforums possible and take their money and understand what posts to ignore.
agreed..these posts are clearly paid advertisements..
it's a bit disappointing to not find them labeled as such however..
perhaps they could do what the newspapers are required to do: When there is a full-page "story" in the paper that is written to appear to be "just a news story", the papers have to put "This is a paid advertisement" across the top of the page. that would be helpful here, so no one gets the wrong idea...just a suggestion.

but I also agree with dbert that "just let them provide some funding to the folks that make snowblowerforums possible and take their money and understand what posts to ignore.".. that's a good point..advertisements are necessary for forums to survive, its how they pay the bills and its what allows this forum to exist in the first place..so we cant really be "anti-ads"..We understands ads are necessary..but IMO ads should always be clearly labeled as ads..there should be no question.

Scot
detdrbuzzard likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sscotsman; 11-05-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Likes classiccat liked this post
post #16 of 26 Old 11-05-2016, 12:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 379
Thanks (Received): 173
Likes (Given): 212
Likes (Received): 443
What I don't get is the minute you hit the home page there is a red snowblower I can't even figure out the brand is it an ad or is it a plug for that brand???? I almost thought that I was on movingsnow.### if tesla can make a battery for a car that is freaky fast and gets almost 300 miles on a charge. it will eventually trickle down to other things. so that batteries of the future on snowblowers will run for 4 or more hours. JUTS tossing that 1 out here if it makes any sense or not.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #17 of 26 Old 11-05-2016, 08:51 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcove View Post
dont want to open a can of worms.......but " no emissions"?.....sure the machine itself is "zero" emissions, but it would take 20 years of trouble free use to negate the the impact of the manufacturing and disposal of the batteries . i truely wish we were at the point where the sun, wind and water could support our energy needs with no impact to our planet. .imho...we are still in the caveman stage as far as being "green" goes.
Yep, you hit the nail on the head. The machine is zero emissions, and the batteries, although certainly not 100% environmentally friendly are largely recyclable. In fact, I think electric cars are about 50% cleaner for the environment with respect to harmful emissions that cause global warming than a traditional gas powered car. And that includes the manufacturing process. I don't know if the same can be said for a snowblower, however, I do know enough to keep my nose away from the business end of mine while it's running.

Like I said earlier, battery operated snow blowers lack any true power (not that I've ever used one) and certainly do not have a desirable run time, however, they are literally in their infancy. Given enough time, say another decade or two, I would bet they will become a solid choice among many typical homeowners. It just makes too much sense.
post #18 of 26 Old 11-05-2016, 11:45 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
You would likely need to buy a 2nd set of batteries for sure. The 40 minutes may not always be the case depending on temperatures etc. I watched a couple of videos of it in operation on YouTube and it looks pretty weak, would work for a small sidewalk and maybe a one car driveway. For $799 at HD, too costly for what you get and what it can do.

Paul
Ontario, Canada

Last edited by 06honda; 11-05-2016 at 11:51 PM.
post #19 of 26 Old 11-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 386
Thanks (Received): 447
Likes (Given): 2485
Likes (Received): 840
I'm guessing if it was working out then Ariens wouldn't have dropped their electric. After all the R&D and tooling costs it's a shame they let it go. Would be nice if at least one manufacturer was able to market and then continue to improve an electric alternative.

Ariens 24" AMP

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!
post #20 of 26 Old 11-10-2016, 07:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 16
Well as it turns out, I've lucked into getting my hands on one of these units. I'm really looking forward to setting it up, using it, and of course reviewing it too.

I've had the opportunity to use several different types of battery operated lawn equipment in the past, but never anything as large as a snow blower. They have all been pretty good, but nothing has ever performed like a gas powered unit. The closest is my Echo Hedge trimmer. It's a little unbalanced due to the weight of the battery, but it gets the job done pretty easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page