LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 04-22-2017, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 12
Likes (Received): 20
All Tucked In For Summer

I custom built this shed several years ago to match the house. When my wife saw how perfectly the HSS724ACT drove in behind the HSS520 she said. "Wow! How lucky are you that the big one you just bought fits in there too!"

(Heee heee heee..... Like it was accident that the model I always wanted fit in the shed so perfectly when I finally bought it.)

Good night and happy summer my little babies....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1223.JPG (134.3 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1230.JPG (149.4 KB, 66 views)

----------------
Peter

"Perfection is an insult to the Gods."

Last edited by CalgaryPT; 04-23-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Hanky, Grunt liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-23-2017, 08:05 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 129
Likes (Received): 98
Nice!

I got one put away yesterday, one more to go.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks CalgaryPT thanked for this post
post #3 of 16 Old 04-23-2017, 11:13 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 109
Likes (Given): 64
Likes (Received): 168
That's pretty cool
Don't know your area, but if it were me I'd put some mice bait/assassination pellets in there just to be safe.
orangputeh likes this.
post #4 of 16 Old 04-24-2017, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
That's a good suggestion. We've got pets so we shy away from the poison, but I'll put some Catch All traps in there and glue boards. Thanks.

----------------
Peter

post #5 of 16 Old 04-24-2017, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 35
Thanks (Received): 218
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryPT View Post
That's a good suggestion. We've got pets so we shy away from the poison, but I'll put some Catch All traps in there and glue boards. Thanks.
Please dont use glue traps..absolutely horrible things. Mice can take days to die from starvation, they can try to chew their own legs off to escape, fur rips from the skin as they struggle...and, if the traps arent checked often ( and few people do check often) they can actually increase a rodent problem! Because dead animals equals more food...

I only use mouse traps..kills them instantly.

Yes, humans have been batteling vermin for thousands of years..I want them gone my garage and shed too, I understand the need to combat them, and ive been killing voles in the yard for years, with standard "snap traps"..but some methods are much worse than others..no need to make them suffer a horrible extended drawn-out death.

Scot
CalgaryPT likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 Old 04-24-2017, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I understand your compassion. The current property we occupy we ended up here because our previous house had been overrun by Deer mice. We trapped ourselves for years, hired professionals, but eventually my wife gave up and moved out with our newborn when she saw mice in his crib at night and poop all over his blankets. Our walls were infested with them. I ended up in the hospital for two weeks after cleaning the house out in an effort to get her to return. Doctors later suspected I had Hantavirus as 23% of mice in Alberta in those days tested positive for it. She wouldn't come back after that, and we had to move. The new mortgage cost me an additional $150K plus expenses, I had to change jobs, and buy an additional commuter car because we were in a new house in the suburbs far away from my downtown place of work. To this day we still call that original house "the mouse house."

All in all, I blame mice for a hospitalization, a new mortgage, needing a second car, leaving a job I love, other expenses, and being away from my wife for six months. So it's probably safe to say my compassion for mice may not be at the same level of yours any more.

As several of the exterminators we hired told us, "snaps," Catch-Alls, poison, cats and glue boards all have their application. I actually have IR CCTV inside my shed because of the value of some stuff in there. So it is checked every AM.

Nonetheless, I recognize your point and hear what you are saying. Thanks.

----------------
Peter

Last edited by CalgaryPT; 04-24-2017 at 11:12 PM.
post #7 of 16 Old 04-25-2017, 01:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 18
What did you do to prep it for storage?

I keep it simple. Wash it. Change the oil. Store it full of fresh fuel with fuel stabilizer ran trough it. Spray every bit of metal down with rust check then throw a cover over it in the garage. That will keep it looking like new for the entire time I own it(probably 20 odd years!).
post #8 of 16 Old 04-25-2017, 01:23 PM
evh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 6
Curious, what does the solar panel run?
post #9 of 16 Old 04-25-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh View Post
Curious, what does the solar panel run?
An RF transmitter tied into the alarm system in my house and an auto dialler that calls my cell phone if either shed door is opened.

----------------
Peter

Last edited by CalgaryPT; 04-25-2017 at 01:59 PM.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-25-2017, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
What did you do to prep it for storage?

I keep it simple. Wash it. Change the oil. Store it full of fresh fuel with fuel stabilizer ran trough it. Spray every bit of metal down with rust check then throw a cover over it in the garage. That will keep it looking like new for the entire time I own it(probably 20 odd years!).
Pretty much what you do Marlow, but I drain the tank and bowl, mostly because I also store a few Optima Blue Top deep cycle batteries in there too. I keep mine in enclosures, but I knew a guy whose steel blade shovel shorted out his stored batteries and the fire spread to a small plastic tank on a garden machine. Almost lost his house. Since then I don't mix batteries and fuel in the same shed.

My cover just arrived the other day so I should go put that on.

I too change the oil and circulate that before storage. Don't know why some guys are so adamant about doing this at the start of snow season instead of now, but I've never noticed any difference.

----------------
Peter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page