honda hs80 auger - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Snowmobile Escrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #1

Default honda hs80 auger

Hi all. I have a honda hs80 and a rock got wedged in the auger area and blew the gear box in half and bent the shaft assembly (It looks like the previous owner had put too large of a sheer pin in) . So needless to say i am trying to find one to replace it with and im haviong a **** of a time in my area(central mass). So my question is there any units that are compatable with this machine( such as an hs55 or the like) or is it just a scrap pile. Ps its the model with the tracks. Thanks in advance for the information.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #2

I've seen them on ebay. If you decide you want to sell it for scrap, PM me. I have an old one and might need spare parts.

Last edited by snow80; 12-31-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Welcome to the group snowbound. Sorry to hear of your bad luck.

Take a look through this web site. They give the parts numbers, and if you click on any particular part # on the list, it will come up with another list that shows what models that one will fits.

All Years Honda Snowblower Parts

You can also then do a google search for the part number to find other potential sources, or better yet, contact a Honda dealer directly,

Last edited by bwdbrn1; 12-31-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #4

that helps a lot. it looks like the auger assembly from an hs55 is the same as an hs80. i found one with a bad trans so this would be my best option. as long as i can get it for a decent price.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #5

the only thing i can confirm on there is if the auger shaft is the same because the hs80 doesnt list a part number and the 55 doesnt show a breakpdown on the auger area.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #6

Call a honda dealer you will not be using and ask if dimensions are the same??? might help....
Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #7
Super Moderator

If you scroll down the page to the part #s, and click on a part number, then scroll down the result, there should be a list of the models that part will fit.

All Years HS80K1 WAS SNOW BLOWER, JPN Honda Snowblower AUGER Diagram and Parts

Just using the first part that comes up, 23375-732-000, the distance collar, the list shows it fits the HS50, HS55, HS70 and HS80. Since some of the parts are so universally used, this could be why the auger section isn't shown for the HS55.

23375-732-000 HONDA COLLAR, DISTANCE (Honda Code 1315274) $5.25

Unfortunately, there's a few parts that are listed as obsolete, and it looks like the auger shaft is one of those that is.

If you take that same number, 23375-732-000, and google it as Honda 23375-732-000, you'll come up with a lot of potential sources for it.

honda 23375-732-000 - Google Search

It looks like you're best bet would be to contact a number of Honda dealers to see if they have access to what you're looking for.

Honda Power Equipment - Find a dealer

I can say from experience with older Honda lawn mowers, that if the part isn't shown on the boats.net site, then it most likely isn't available.

Last edited by bwdbrn1; 01-01-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #8

well it looks like the hs55/70/80 all share the same auger parts. but none of the main parts i need are available from the honda dealers. going to have to try and source a used one for parts.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #9
Super Moderator

I've had the same experience with older Honda Lawn mowers. Unfortunately, a lot of parts become obsolete and hard to come by. Ebay has become a very good friend of mine when looking for things that aren't available otherwise. I frequently check Craig's List, and adhunter.com, which searches Craig's List in areas. I have been able to find things across the country that way.

You could post over in our Snowblowers Wanted section too.

Good luck, and let us know how the search goes.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #10

The auger gearbox on the Honda HS80 uses 0.21 quarts (0.2 liter) of #90 Gear Oil.

The augers are designed to slide off the shaft but there are lots of times when excessive rust/debris can prevent this. Our tech line guys tell me they've seen "rust bushings" form inside, and over time, even grooves cut into the auger shaft. Either might allow the auger to rotate, but not slide off the shaft.

As others have said, heavy application & soaking with PB Blaster, perhaps a gentle use of a "blue tip wrench" and even a BF hammer might do the trick.

CAUTION: The auger shaft itself has been discontinued by Honda and is no longer available, so be careful; they aren't making 'em anymore.

Here are images from both the parts catalog and shop manual of the auger bits that might help...

-Robert@Honda
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hs80 auger parts.jpg (52.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg hs80 auger housing parts.jpg (53.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg hs80 auger housing shop manual.jpg (188.7 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement