Jacobsen 826, help me get it running before the snow flies.. - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-30-2016, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Jacobsen 826, help me get it running before the snow flies..

got one of these for free but it doesn't run. ran with old carb using starting fluid, put in an aftermarket carb and cant get it to run. I don't know if my linkages are even in the right place (noob mistake removing old carb not taking enough pictures). I have a picture attached, can anyone tell me if I have the linkages in the right place? the throttle doesn't seem to move the linkages on the carb very far. also, the arm on the left hand side of the picture doesn't have much play. Any and all help is greatly appreciated thank you for your time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161126_125155305_1480508651272.jpg (148.0 KB, 30 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-30-2016, 09:09 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 96
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 222
Hard to tell if things are in the right place, as they vary by engine model, which is why they have so many options.

Try Donyboy73's videos on Youtube. He has several showing Tecumseh engine setups.

Also make sure your plug is firing off ok gas is clean and fresh, and fuel is actually getting into the carb. Check for air leaks where the carb bolts onto the manifold. Some aftermarket carbs ( the asian variety) are great, but some are less than great

Work fascinates me.
I can watch somebody work for hours...
2008 Craftsman 944.528391 (It's a Husqvarna ST227P)
27", B&S 305cc 13.5 ft/lb Torque 9.5 hp
post #3 of 6 Old 11-30-2016, 09:22 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 197
The linkage between the carb and the governor arm (the lever on the left side of the photo) looks right.

But the assembly on the right that's connected to the governor arm by the other linkage, looks wrong. Specifically it (the assembly on the right) looks like it's just dangling, and needs to be attached to something. It's not going to run right until you correct that.

~1988 Ariens 924050 (ST824) "mama bear"
~1994 Ariens 924084 (ST1032) "papa bear": restored!
Toro PowerCurve 1800 "baby bear"

Be alert! America needs more lerts.
post #4 of 6 Old 11-30-2016, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
yes, I only had it off for the picture. when I bolt it up it doesn't seem as though the throttle by the hand controls moves the throttle at the carb very much. carb is getting new gas, has spark, shouldn't have air leaks with new gasket. I will check out those videos. thanks for the quick replies!
post #5 of 6 Old 11-30-2016, 04:01 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 96
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedude006 View Post
yes, I only had it off for the picture. when I bolt it up it doesn't seem as though the throttle by the hand controls moves the throttle at the carb very much. carb is getting new gas, has spark, shouldn't have air leaks with new gasket. I will check out those videos. thanks for the quick replies!
You will find that the throttle is wide open (or almost) with the engine off. The governor doesn't get busy and shut the carb butterfly until the engine is running. Moving the throttle control changes the spring tension on the governor arm allowing it to close to slow the engine speed.

Work fascinates me.
I can watch somebody work for hours...
2008 Craftsman 944.528391 (It's a Husqvarna ST227P)
27", B&S 305cc 13.5 ft/lb Torque 9.5 hp
post #6 of 6 Old 11-30-2016, 04:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 266
Yeah - usually there is only one link tied to the governor arm..... you don't want 2 links fighting each other...... take a look on the old carb and see if you can note where the wear patterns seemed to be. Might be able to figure it out. Also see if the plate the arms ride in is the same pattern...... sometimes you have to change out he old and new butterfly/choke with the old one.

I am deathly allergic to shovels!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page