Snowblower Forum banner

Will this snowblower fit X585

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bad69cat 
#1 ·
Hi,

I bought a snow blower and a broom for $500 but they wont fit an X585. I know these attachments came off a JD420 but is there a bracket that you can buy to fit it to a X585? The new blowers can fit older tractors with the right quick attach.

Thanks for any replies!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
hello mxrx, welcome to SBF!! you will probably have better luck asking on MTF, twe deal mostly with walk behind snowblowers althow a few do owne tractors

#3 ·
The older series tractors had an offset input shaft and the newer series have a straight input shaft. You need to take the model numbers and serial numbers from the tractor and the attachment in and have a dealer look them up for compatibility.

#6 ·
The older series tractors had an offset input shaft and the newer series have a straight input shaft. You need to take the model numbers and serial numbers from the tractor and the attachment in and have a dealer look them up for compatibility.

I asked two dealers and they seem to know nothing about this? As of right now there not compatible but I'm thinking there might be away.

#5 ·
I put a copy of your question over on the John Deere forum here too. There just might be someone who would see it there and have an answer for you. After all, we do have a picture of a front mounted snowblower on a tractor on our banner even though we don't see much conversation about them here unfortunately.

Like bad69cat suggested, a call to a JD dealer might get you an answer, might also get you a big I dunno too, depending on how much the dealer knows.

#7 ·
mxrx,I have a blower attachment like yours, mine goes on my JD 318. I think if you could fabricate mounting brackets for the frame and figure a way to line up a mule drive for the belt the hard part would be done. I'm not familiar with the hydraulic system on a 585, but you'll need 2 separate lines, one to lift and lower blower and another to turn chute, the belt turns the auger.
MyTractorForums and WeekendFreedomMachines forums are both good the latter one being primarily JD equipment. Wish you lots of luck with it, you got a good buy on your attachments. When you get done with it you'll have one great outfit. Remember most anything can be accomplished if you want it to.
Stan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.