John Deere TRS 32 problems - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Snowmobile Escrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #1

Default John Deere TRS 32 problems

Hello all, I have some questions regarding my snowblower.
First thing: I got the snowblower for and, and we happened into some really heavy wet snow. I burned the auger belt out, and replaced it. After that, it would not aug for more than 10 seconds.

Second, is i think the primer bulb blew. It seems to leak more gas than it uses. I cant seem to find a hole in the line, but it goes through/around the block where the primer is. Can i bypass that and just use starting fluid?

I cant seem to find any free manuals online, and was wondering if you guys could help me out at all.
thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #2

Hopefully someone will come through for you otherwise Ebay is best bet. If not john Deere tech Manual $65 via CD. Try these links below...

manuals john deere trs 32 | eBay

https://techpubs.deere.com/products/ProductResults.aspx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #3

Default John Deere

First off - Welcome to the forum

Your primer issue is strange. All a primer bulb does is pressurize the carb to push a little gas into the throat so id you're having gas come out of the bulb then something strange is going on.

As far as your belt issue, there's a number of possibilities. The pulleys or belt could be glazed over. The idler could be misadjusted. The impeller bushing could be bad. The pulleys could be out of alignment. Something could be catching or jamming somewhere. Sorry, but there's not enough info to help narrow it down.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Unfortunately you won't find a free manual online. I just went through the same sort of thing for a John Deere Lawn mower I recently bought. Finally had to break down and buy one.

You can get them directly from John Deere if you wish.

John*Deere Products & Services

You can easily get the parts diagrams from at least a couple of different places.
John Deere - Parts Catalog

John Deere TRS32 Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com
Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by colsanders View Post
First thing: I got the snowblower for and, and we happened into some really heavy wet snow.
Just curious..did you mean to say " I got the snowblower for free"?
If so, I might have some specific advice for you, if that is the case.

Scot
Old 12-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #6

Cole, I think the TRS is actually an Ariens produced model for JD. Mr. Deere is very secretive about his walk behind snowblowers
Engine nomenclature would help (Tecumseh, Briggs, LCT???)

A picture could get some more response? Are you having trouble starting it now, or are you stuck in the belt area? If you are "burning" belts it may be as simple as a spring coming off the auger brake, or a seized auger idler pulley.
The primer should, and will, pump gas out of the carb if pushed a few too many times. Not bashing you, but if you're burning belts, the engine is running fine, correct?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #7

trs deere are not ariens they were either murray or mtd, cheaply made sorry the truth hurts.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #8

fishy, You are correct I think it's the "D" models (ie 826 D) that Ariens produced, not the TRS models
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #9

the motor is a 10hp tecumsch
1-toro 521E-38052 . 2-toro 521r -38052
1-toro 826E-38150 . 1- powerliteE-38175
1-..............TORO XL 824..............
william
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #10

Yes, it was free. My church gave it too me when they got a new one. The gas problem is coming from the petcock, and well as the fuel filter. What I thought might be a bad tensioner, appears to be a faulty pulley or bearing for the auger. It would spin for a couple minutes, and than seize up. Is there any good resources for parts you guys prefer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement