toro ccr 3000 wont start - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Snowmobile Escrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #1

Default toro ccr 3000 wont start

I took in a 1997 toro ccr 3000 model number 38430 ser. 7911xxxx that will not start. this blower has the Chinese built 47pt6-4 engine.

let me start with letting you know that I am a certified small engine mechanic who has been in the business for near 25 years.
but this one has me stumped. and I need some ideas cuz I have a feeling I'm over looking some thing.
this blower came in cuz it would not start. it had been sitting for several years. the carb was gummed up as well as the fuel filter and fuel line. I had the carb tore down and gone through and cleaned. replaced the primer bulb assembly, primer line, fuel line, fuel filter, and spark plug (cj6y). it has near 160 lbs compression, gets spark, and is getting gas. when you prime it and pull it over, it fires up for a very brief second then dies. plug comes out soaked in gas after several pulls.
in my opinion, I think the coil is only firing under low rpm as when first pulling and starting, but quits as rpm increases. that or it has a bad crank seal.
does any one here have experience with this particular engine? I'm not a toro dealer, and the ccr's that I have seen in the past have had briggs or Tecumseh engines in them.
give me your best input and some ideas in case I over looked some thing.
and no I have not performed a leakdown test on this engine. I feel it's too much of a headache trying to block up the ports to do so.
thanks guys
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #2

Had a non-firing ccr and replaced the little gold box that you see in the pic. Got one for a John Deere Kawasaki engine for around $18.00 shipped. Took me half hour to install. Started on first pull and been fine since.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2013-12-13-12-42-04.png (468.0 KB, 37 views)

"The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #3

hello donp, welcome to SBF!! i don't think you have a chinese engine in that ccr3000 you have an engine made in japan by suzuki like all ccr 2000 and 3000's
1-toro 521E-38052 . 2-toro 521r -38052
1-toro 826E-38150 . 1- powerliteE-38175
william
Old 12-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #4

I agree William.
My engine with no fire was a Suzuki. The little ignitor fixed it.

"The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten"
Old 12-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #5

thanks guys. I'm not familiar with this engine, so it might as well be a Chinese model to me. i'll look into that module. the one on e-bay is $74.99 which is a bit pricey to me. I haven't pulled the recoil housing off yet, so I was assuming it had a magneto/cdi type coil like every thing else has. this thing will spark one time when pulling it over, but then that's it. so I figured coil. but i'll see what I can find. thanks, I knew I was over looking some thing.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp View Post
thanks guys. I'm not familiar with this engine, so it might as well be a Chinese model to me. i'll look into that module. the one on e-bay is $74.99 which is a bit pricey to me. I haven't pulled the recoil housing off yet, so I was assuming it had a magneto/cdi type coil like every thing else has. this thing will spark one time when pulling it over, but then that's it. so I figured coil. but i'll see what I can find. thanks, I knew I was over looking some thing.
You didn't finish reading my post. You can find an ignitor by itself for under $20.00.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Here's what I used to repair my Toro.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2013-12-13-17-23-23.png (344.4 KB, 22 views)

Old 12-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah68kj View Post
You didn't finish reading my post. You can find an ignitor by itself for under $20.00.
I read it. there was a link posted to an ebay auction. that was where I got the $74.99 price.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #9

Quote:
I read it. there was a link posted to an ebay auction. that was where I got the $74.99 price.
Look up above. I found the part that you need. It is a Mege Fire ignktor. $16.00 and some change. I have a screenshot of the part.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #10

I saw that too. I've seen those before on some old toro mowers with Tecumseh engines that originally had points. I wanna check every thing out before I order any parts for this blower. this guy already has $139.00 in parts installed, and I don't really like after market stuff, but the original parts are nla. so i'll probably end up looking into one of those and installing it just to get this one done. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement