Snow blower doesn't throw snow far enough: - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Snowmobile Escrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #1

Default Snow blower doesn't throw snow far enough:

I have a 1982, John Deere 826, snowblower that throws snow about half the width of the double driveway. Engine, drivetrain and belts are in good repair. Dealer has rebent paddles on the impeller. I spent probably as much money as the machine is worth, but I like this blower. Any Ideas?
Jack S
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #2

Yeah I hear ya you can make anything a money pit if you want. Only throwing about 8 ft dosnt seem its working right. Do a google on SNOWBLOWER HIGH PERFORMANCE IMPELLER KIT you can come up with some different stuff and opinions. I'm trying a 1/2 inch bigger drive pulley this year roughly 17-18% higher impeller speed. Works excellent in this low lite stuff have to see if I can pull it when the good stuff shows up next month or so
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Ya... that doesnt seem right. Is the engine running at the correct speed? A lot of times they are set too low. Bearings starting to get tight?? that will load down the engine. Is there a lot of rust in the housing?

Im guessing thats a two stage blower right?
Old 11-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #4

Default check out this video

This guy puts an impeller kit on his snowblower and it comes back to life.
You can buy the kit from this website Snowblower Impeller Kit I paid $42 total with shipping delivery was pretty quick I just haven't had time to install it yet. You can make your own kit though with some hard rubber and bolts and some metal sheet.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #5

I'm not sure of the year, but I do the snow blowing for my Grandmother with the same model, it will easily toss the snow all the way across her double wide driveway.

Dan
Old 12-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack S View Post
I have a 1982, John Deere 826, snowblower that throws snow about half the width of the double driveway. Engine, drivetrain and belts are in good repair. Dealer has rebent paddles on the impeller. I spent probably as much money as the machine is worth, but I like this blower. Any Ideas?
Jack S
Hello Jack S, I'm HDNewf from the Home Depot out of Chicago. Old or not, that's a nice big 10HP machine you have.

+1 Ingersoll444
You should not have to do a "HiPerf mod" your 826 for it to throw snow a lot farther than 8 feet. Engine speed, loose belt or an impeller problem are likely suspects. Why did the dealer "re-bend" the impeller rather than replace it?
Seems odd they let it out of the shop in a poor working condition.

In any event, you can check for a loose belt simply by removing the cover at the front of the engine. If it has run for a while like this you will see the glaze on the belt from slippage. Engine speed you will know by sound. That leaves the "re-bent" impeller.

I hope this helps.

HDNewf
Old 12-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #7

engine speed, loose belts or impeller problems. thanks a million bud... thanks for taking your time to write the probable cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement