Snowblower Forum banner

Another Big Powershift for Parts/Repair.

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  FearlessFront 
#1 ·
Here's another Powershift I have Available. I got it with the drive chain off, assume it needs Typical Trans Work, but Who Knows? Complete Project Machine Minus Engine, Has Engine Pulley and belts. $50 Hudson Ma 978 562 8958

See less See more
#5 ·
Might have Tires in stock. What Size are yours? Shipping might not be as bad as all that....PM Your Size, and I'll Check to see what I have.

#6 · (Edited)
I have the Carlisle XTrac 15x5-6 tires that have a bit of wear to them. I bought chains for them, but the chains seem to ride in the valleys so they tend to be useless. I was hoping to get get a set of tires with wheels that I can use the chains with and then be able to swap on the chained tires when needed and use the xTracs only when not needed. Actually I have the same size tires on my Ariens 926001 which could also be able to swap in and out chains.

So...what I would like is a set of 15" diameter tires without a real beefy thread that could be used with chains and work with either (obviously not both) the PowerMax 1028 or the Ariens 926LE. The tires would have to be mounted on wheels.

Comprendez ?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated !

Thanks Jack, or anyone else that has any ideas, I'm all ears.

#8 ·
No, they definitely are not. Different Axle diameter. That is why I said I would like it to work with either, but not both - or at least meant to say that !

I am indifferent to which the setup works with. For me, both snowblowers will do my 500' gravel driveway. What I really need is a track machine, but haven't found one at my price point because the driveway has a bit of slope in a few spots, and my biceps get tired trying to home the auger to the ground. I have installed a weight to the front, but haven't tried it out yet.

#20 ·
I really would like the differential out of this beast but I can't justify (nor do I really have any garage space for) an entire new project at the moment.

If there are no takers and you are going to junk it, please let me know and maybe we can swing a deal where I can just pull the axle with the differential and chain cover.

#21 ·
There has been a Change With the Toro's Status. After Further Inspection, I picked up a Master Link for the Chain, and Reinstalled it. Threw the Engine Back on, and it Works Fine! Threw the Remaining Pile at the EOD at least 30 Feet! So Now I have Decided Against Parting it out. It is Available for $250 if there is any Interest.

Reactions: Dauntae
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.