Snowblower Forum banner

Ariens mini me and Jacobsen Imperial 26

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dauntae 
#1 ·
I just got back from a 60 mile ooh ride to pick up a couple of blowers from a guy that is a junker...a 73 22000 series Ariens, complete, no spark...good compression , and a Jacobsen Imperial 26 with what appears to be a 7 or 8 hp Tecumseh......starts on ether so I'm sure will run again with a carb cleaning. The Ariens is such a cute little thing....how is the performance? any feed back on the Jacobsen as far as performance or desirability? I just love bringing these back from the dead! On an unrelated note, today I put a older greyhound Chonda that I had on the shelf for eight or nine years on a POS Craftsman 5-22 that I picked up with a blown motor at the town recyling center yesterday....looks great with the new motor, and everything works well, but Murray certainly didn't spend much effort making a quality product! I bet the Craftsman will sell easier then any of my Ariens or Toros ...People that are looking for an inexpensive blower don't recognise the quality in the classic machines!.

#2 ·
i would crawl over 20 low end machines to get a good deal on a vintage ariens or toro or etc. to most people , if it looks old ( no plastic), it cant be any good anymore. my repowered $20 snothro is a wonderful machine !

#3 ·
Hey cranman, Your just down the road from me, I picked up a POS craftsman too LOL Mine is a 5/23, Body is in decent shape but purchased for $20 just for the learning part of these things, If you plan to scrap the engine on the 5/22 maybe we can work out a deal and I'll use the engine for parts to see if I can get thisone going, It's missing quite a few parts but have been piecing it together but have still not gotten it to fire up. No spark and have not gotten around to getting new points yet. These things are a addiction I tell you.

#4 ·
Dauntae....you can have the motor......I took the carb off but that will go with it if you want it. The head and cowling were missing when I got it.....its been sitting outside with out the head, but the piston goes up and down and the motor is free.....call me at 5089478932 and come and get it!

#5 ·
I left a message with my number, I work in middleboro so drive right through lakeville on the way home so could pick it up on the way home on any day you choose, Not a issue having the engine apart, Odds are it's the same engine so many parts would be useful, Mine came with no starter at all, electric was missing and pull cord was gone, Managed to get one for it from another member on here but had the wrong starter cup LOL So many different similar parts on the Tecumseh engines, Close but just different enough to not work right LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.