Snowblower Forum banner

Ariens Platinum SHO 24 Starter Problems

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kahl23 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 Ariens Platinum SHO 24 with a AX306 engine. My starter is spinning but not engaging the flywheel. Hand start works fine.

1. What is the easiest way to access the starter for removal and service? Other posts indicate it isn't so easy but don't show how. One post has links to a diagram but the link is dead
2. From other posts, there seems to be some indications that these starters have problems. Is this true? If so, what is the usual fix? I was thinking some lubrication would do it but am now wondering, do they usually need to be replaced?

Very appreciative for any help I can get

#2 ·
Ariens has a 3 year warranty so your dealer should be able to replace it free of charge. If taking the machine to the dealer is a problem then give him a call and perhaps something can be worked out.

#4 ·
Thanks, unfortunately the dealer isn't going to be able to get to this for longer than I want and, yes, most starters are fairly obvious about how they are attached and removed but not this one. I believe its attached behind the flywheel cover but would like to hear from someone who knows, or get a diagram.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.