Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - 1 yr old snow joe won't run
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 12-15-2017, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
brads

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
1 yr old snow joe won't run

Hello and thanks. Tried to use my 1 year old snow joe ION 108sb-hyb and it won't run. Ran great all last year. Charger says the battery is fully charged. The chute rotates back and forth fine so there's power. However, the light won't turn on and the motor won't start up. Yes I pushed the safety switch button. As far as pushing the button on the safety key thing, mine doesn't use the safety key thing. Doesn't have one, never did. Don't know why, just doesn't. So, can't be that I think.

Here's what happened. It snowed (ha, ha) Blower sat in covered garage from last winter. Slid battery in blower and there was a small spark when battery connected, (don't know what that was all about) Tried to start blower... nothing. Like I said, chute rotates back and forth fine but no light or motor operation. I plugged an A/C power cord in and it ran great then. Just sayin'

So what do you think? Is there some kind of hidden breaker maybe? Still under warranty so I could take it back to HD but... I want to blow my snow now!!! Plz...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome