Snowblower Forum banner

have u ever seen this, dual shaft auger, pre driftmaster? kijiji find

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JnC 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
They are definitely grabbing and worth restoring as this 2 stage concept is very simple. By using the augers to deliver only so much snow to the impeller by using the augers to break and push a limited amount of snow to the impeller.

It has no chance to really become snow or ice bound as the augers are breaking everything up. They would be worth buying and restoring as they have a chain drive for the augers which is so much simpler to maintain.

All you would need is a piece of 20-30 pound piece of bar stock to bolt to the cross auger housing and the end of driveway monster will be no more.

If they had done this with the john deere 44 inch snow thrower I own I would not have had any problems with and and spent so much money on it. I have yet to mount that thing on the tractor and it has not been stolen yet either
(I wish).

If an 8 or 10 horse engine was installed VROOOOOOOOOMMMM Of course tim taylor would be proud and want to install
the smallest of the three yamaha Twin engines vertically or a honda V twin like the one on "frankenstein blower.

#3 ·
Well worth the $60 he's asking.

#4 ·
me thinks hes asking $60 for both, not each, if i had time or the willingness to repower and replace metal parts id think about, hes about a 2 hr drive and i dont have a trailer or truck.
but this year is my first ever snowblower and first ever teardown to fix said "non" working blower.
if i knew metal work or had tools for it, like a welder, maybe, tempting though, but here in canada they tend to ream us on parts and tools

#6 ·
I missed out on one of these the other day, seller wanted $100 for it :(. I need a machine like this with semi exposed/protruding augers as I need to clean up some of the heavy/compacted piles that the snow plow guy pushes up against the parking areas at work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.