Snowblower Forum banner

Toro 521 parts

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Oneacer 
#1 · (Edited)
just picked up a Toro 521, its missing a few parts, i went and downloaded the manual however i cant seem to find the part i'm looking for in the parts catalog, it has a new carb and its missing the entire cover that goes over it also the knob for the choke, i attached a picture i am wondering if anyone has it, i tried searching on here aswell

#4 ·
I might pick up a 521 parts machine once the weather breaks but shipping to Canada can be difficult. if I get the 521 you might be better off waiting until I make my summer trip to welland

#5 ·
The parts you are searching for are Tecumseh parts, Not Toro so searching for toro will come up empty on those parts, The carb cover and knobs are mostly universal on the Tec 5HP engines, Only thing is it may not be red if you find one cheap but you can paint it to match.

Reactions: tpenfield
#7 ·
There are at least 2 or 3 variations on them, similar but subtle differences. Slots for throttle linkage, chokes and other minor variations. Best thing unless you find someone with the parts is look for a blown motor that has the right parts to match yours.

My 2 cents.

#10 ·
No air filters at all on snow blowers, A filter will get iced up and stop air from getting through and also there isn't much dust in the air in the snow so no real need for one at all.

#13 ·
there should be a model/serial tag at the back of the machine, see attached. Also, the engine model number on my 521 is stamped under where the electric start goes on top of the engine head, see attached.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.