Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - Gravel driveway ; use a pipe?
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 03-24-2018, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Lottstodo

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Gravel driveway ; use a pipe?

Has anyone tried to fab or make a pipe for their snowblower cutting blade similar to those that we used to put on pick up plows to keep from tearing driveways and lawns up during the plow season. I used one on all my plows and it worked great , but it would not cut snow in a driveway that was driven on for days, so did have to stay on top of that but it really worked. After we had a frozen base you could remove the pipe and put it on when it thawed , or like I did pick up a a 2nd plow for scrap and keep the pipe on just that one. I am thinking of taking my number 2 an old ariens and building a pipe for the cutting blade and seeing if it would skim on the gravel and sand with out launching a debris field and worse hearing the rocks etc being ran through the blower. I cringe at the thought of my new (2015) (28 Deluxe 921 )being used until every thing is froze , even with shoes at 1" i will get this. So I am wondering if anyone hat tried this. It is a little late here in NW Mi.to try as no snow but I am already looking for the right pipe to begin the fab, It will be done for next year though.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Grunt liked this post

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome