Snowblower Forum banner

Ariens Snowblower Steel Gauge?

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  foggysail 
#1 ·
Does anybody know exactly, what the gauge of the steel used in making the Ariens Snowblower's is?
10....12? I am not sure.:plain:

#2 ·
Are you planning on making copy-cat machines? or needing to do some metal repair? You could use a micrometer to get the thickness.

#7 ·
Thank you all for your replies. Was hoping to blow some snow today, had a forecast of 6-10 CM,but have seen nothing yet.
Never wished for snow until I bought a new snowblower :-(

#8 ·
Gees, I just measured mine and posted the results in another thread here in the Ariens forum. I don’t know anything about gages but overlooking that, I measured 0.11” on the bucket. Didn’t think to measure the chute. Oh, mine is a new 28” Pro. The impressive thickness was found on my old Bolens that I just measured along with the new Ariens. The Bolens is 0.135!!! And no, I didn’t scrap off any of the shiny new paint so the actual metal’s measurements need adjustment for paint.

#10 ·
Wow, that's very thick. As I wrote in my post in the other thread (but didn't fully copy/paste in this thread):
"The bucket is 0.085", the chute is 0.075". The Ariens driftcutters are 0.140". All of these include 2 layers of paint thickness."

Your measurements are much thicker, and we both measured the paint. Assuming we're both measuring the same way (on flat areas of the steel, so it doesn't include any "fake" thickness due to bends or folds), then it would appear that Ariens has significantly thickened the bucket steel that they're using now, vs my machine from 2000. Or that the paint is *way* thicker than it used to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.