Snowblower Forum banner

John Deere 520 can’t get parts

8K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  Kiss4aFrog 
#1 ·
I made mistake of buying 520 snowblower and it’s a fixer upper but my problem is that I cannot get parts as John Deere parts site is totally incorrect for parts I need. The belts listed are wrong but I got from another place. They group larger blowers in same category but the parts are not the same. I also looked up Auger break and it too is not correct. This is my immediate dilemma. I know it’s old but this should not be so difficult. Anyone provide help. I have looked at generic parts for other machines and no luck.

#2 ·
it would be a big help to members here if you posted your general location. i could say that bobs hardware down the street has all the jd blower parts ever made but .......

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

If the machine has a more-specific model number, that might help people. For instance, an Ariens might be a 926LE, but have a model number of 924188, which would allow looking up the details of that machine (model #'s can change year-to-year).

Pictures of the machine might also help people recognize if it's compatible with something else.

And what parts are you looking for? You said auger break. You mean the auger rake, the big screw-shaped auger itself, that chews up the snow?

#6 ·
google bantasaw and have a look around the site, they might have some of what you need. i have nothing but good things to say about them, ordered many parts and never had an issue.

#9 ·
I'm not sure if this will work, try looking for parts for a 522.

#12 · (Edited)
:welcome: to SBF DaleSam

You need to have a few more pixels in those photos for them to be useable (viewable) :wink2:

Go to this site - - > John Deere - Parts Catalog

Use your model number in the upper left box "520"
nine items down will be "520, 522, 524 snowblowers, click
sectional index, click
520, click

I have a couple Deere machines so I use this site to look up part numbers but then use a search engine to see if it crosses to some other number that is the same part, isn't "JD green" and is a lot less $$.
Don't forget about the dealer. Usually their prices are highest but not always. It's worth a call to check them out too.

#13 ·
I called the dealer for a friction disk, their price was the same or cheaper than on line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.