Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - is it possible to convert autoturn to levers
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 12-05-2018, 09:45 AM
trellis

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
I have a new 24SHO and I have to admit I struggled a little during the last and only 2 snows. But I really don’t have enough time using the blower and I was probably as awkward with levers when I first tried them too. Between the Toro's and Ariens there are too many happy customers of these AutoTurn units in service for me to give up. So.... I will make it work. For me it's probably a little bit of slowing down, un-learning levers and learning Autoturn.

Now that the ground is frozen again ( yup I do have gravel ) I am planning on doing a dry run to try it again.

Quote:
>With the autoturn you have to push the handle to the right
I wonder if the action is actually to pull back on one side and not to the side?

The information on the DI 500 LINK says "the DI 500 will automatically disengage one or both wheels, allowing on the spot turning." And watching the video at about 1:30 it's a bit confusing if either of the wheels is powered during a tight turn. It does look like stripping gears though. I'll be curious if I can figure out what magic steering can make that happen.

Last edited by trellis; 12-05-2018 at 05:08 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome