Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - is it possible to convert autoturn to levers
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 12-05-2018, 11:29 AM
bkwudz

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
I make no special movements when I turn. And don’t find it jerky at all. The auto turn works just like a locking differential in the auto market. Google Detroit locker, hundreds of thousands in use. When turning either way, the outside wheel needs to travel a longer distance, so it disengages while the inside wheel powers the turn. You need to use the handles to guide the blower through the turn, but it’s not difficult or out of control. I can do it with one hand. And my driveway is far from good shape, once and while it will catch a big crack and might take a little effort to keep in line, but in no way is it excessive. I’m using standard steel skids, tried armor skids and found no difference turning. They did ride better on the crappy driveway, but rode up too much in compacted snow.
With the rapidtrak dig in mode, I’m going to give them a try again, as I see no way they can ride up in dig in mode

Ariens Pro Hydro 28 Rapidtrak
Toro 2450
Toro 3650
Toro powerclear 1800

Last edited by bkwudz; 12-05-2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Edit

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome