Snowblower Forum banner

Snowblower pulls to side after replacing auger belt?????

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RedOctobyr 
#1 ·
Please could someone help me? I have a simplicity 1080S Snowblower. I had to replace the auger belt and right after i used it it started pulling to either one side....its not so bad when its less than 4" but still its much harder to navigate it then before. Feels not like me machine anymore? Anyone have an idea what could have happened?

#8 ·
Alex, Unless you have had your hands or feet calibrated recently, I would put a gauge on those tires and check the tire pressure. Check, don't guess. You would hate to tear into that machine to find out it was just a tire pressure problem, Rite??
After that, check your skid height. Does your machine have a locking differential ?? Or wheels that can be pinned or free wheel??

GLuck, Jay

#9 ·
Did you have to split the machine in half to replace the belt? If so, perhaps the two halves the machine aren't quite aligned right, after re-assembly? Maybe the bucket is tilted to one side. Are both of the bucket's skid shoes contacting the ground, and does the bucket look level?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.