Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - New guy here with snowflite 310-600A
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 01-13-2019, 07:52 PM
RedOctobyr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Unless someone can measure a removed flywheel, it may be a difficult question to answer. I personally doubt you'll find, for instance, a published spec for the distance or angle between the magnets. I'd imagine the manufacturer considered the flywheel as a part you'd simply replace if magnets had a problem, vs re-attaching them.

Can you figure out from marks, or shiny areas on the flywheel, where the magnet was mounted?

And, which magnets are we talking about? The last time I worked on a flywheel, it was an HMSK80, and there was a magnet on the outside of the flywheel, for the ignition. And then 3 magnets on the inside diameter of the flywheel, which powered the alternator, to run the headlight.

The outside ignition magnet was mounted quite solidly to the flywheel, and probably would be tough to dislodge.

The first picture shows the 3 internal magnets, for the alternator (the sister engine to this HMSK80 did not have an alternator, and its flywheel did not have those 3 internal magnets). The second picture shows the external, ignition magnet, in the upper-left.

If what has come loose is an internal magnet, for an alternator, then I'd probably position it opposite the other magnet, for balance purposes. Pictures of what you're dealing with may help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9154 Tecumseh flywheel magnets.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	151485   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9324.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	151487  

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR