Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - Tecumseh engine Help (i'm an idiot)
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 01-16-2019, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
jaydillo

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Tecumseh engine Help (i'm an idiot)

So i got this Ariens 932500 with a Tecumseh OHSK55 from my neighbor in the summer. I dabbled with in September and, you know, life get busy. etc...
Very smartly...I've waited until now, 3 days before the first real snow storm hits, to fix it.

It didn't run and I could tell the carb was gummed up - so I pulled that off and swapped it out. When i went to reattach the carb over, I pulled the green ground wire off from wherever it attaches to the motor. It's got a little spade attachment on it - but for the life of me I cannot find where it attaches. Naturally, I did NOT take pictures as I went. Smooth.

The wire hooks to the front of the carb cover and is where the 'key' is inserted. Where it attaches is the mystery.

I took pictures of the wire and the area under/beneath the carb. As i look at it now, I'm willing to say it may have broken off and may not be a spade connector. again - I'm not certain.

If anyone has any ideas on where it can attach (or if I even need to to get this started) - please send it my way.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome