Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - 100V Ion Single Stage
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 01-19-2019, 04:04 PM
RedOctobyr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
That's kind of the trouble, though. If you have 1 battery, then needing 1.5 can be a problem, especially if you need to leave for work, so that time is a factor. Especially when a 12" storm could mean needing >2 batteries. At $799 for the 100V blower, and $299 for a spare 100V 5Ah battery, that's a fairly high price for a single-stage.

Lithium batteries *can* be charged quite quickly. For a hobby, I have a 1300W charger that can charge 25V 5Ah lithium packs in about 12 minutes, if I set it aggressively (it can also do 2 at a time). These 100V 5Ah batteries are pretty big, and would take it longer to charge, even if they could be broken down into a 25V 20Ah "chunk" that my charger could handle.

But, with a charger that would approach maxing out a household circuit, maybe you could charge one of these in something around a half-hour. Making it more feasible to run almost continuously with 2 batteries. That's a slightly aggressive charge, though, which is a bit tougher on the battery. And with the price of these batteries, you don't want to abuse them.

https://www.snowjoe.com/products/sno...-100-volt-5-ah

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800

Last edited by RedOctobyr; 01-19-2019 at 04:09 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome