Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - Yanmar YSR765C, a 5 winter's test
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 05-13-2019, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
ACorner

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Yanmar YSR765C, a 5 winter's test

This is a test of the Yanmar YSR765C snow thrower, which I bought in Winter 2015/16.
A brief summary of the specifications:

OHV-4 cycle
203cc
7.0 PS
107kg
Transmission DISK CVT
0-3.4 km/h forward
0-2.0 km/h backward
Clearing Width 65 cm

First of all this machine does it's job. And it does it well.
The engine is really powerful, I've never been able to stall the motor even if the chute is totally clogged up by snow (it simply produces snow bricks then).
All handles and levers are easy to reach and to use.

The stepless transmission is really a dream. When you start working you pull down the clutch lever and don't have to release it until your job is done. All you have to do is pulling or pushing the shift lever to the position that meets your desired speed. The speed can be set very accurately. That way you can approach to walls, fences or curbs to a few centimeter at a very slow and therefore save speed.

The chain drive is very helpful. In my first thread I posted a picture showing the path leading from the garage to the house. The Yanmar climbs this slope without any problems. But it must not be thought that working with a chain driven snow blower always means light work. As soon as you come across compressed snow, the machine tends to climb up. This because the whole weight is carried by the chain drive so that the auger housing is more or less floating. Very often you have to lift the machine up with the handles so that it comes down on the front.

The throwing distance is specified with 14 m which is in my opinion a little to optimistic. My parking space is about 10m wide and the Yanmar never managed to throw that far. My guess is a distance of 8 down to 2 m if the snow is very slushy.

Apart from that here are some very annoying points that upsets you every time you have to use this machine:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ym01.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	155791   Click image for larger version

Name:	ym02.png
Views:	27
Size:	968.3 KB
ID:	155793  

Last edited by ACorner; 05-13-2019 at 11:03 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome