Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - It's hard to have respect for dealers sometimes.
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 01:00 PM
Coby7

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
So...tales about Dealerships...I have one. I won't say it's name, just to protect myself. Wife took her car to the dealership for an oil change, and they always pull the wheels off. Had the winters on, with plastic hubcaps over top.She drove the car for about 3 weeks, until it came time to swap over the tires for summer. I nearly fainted when I saw the passenger front wheel...with ONLY 2 nuts on it. ONLY 2! She had been driving highway speeds a number of times with it. So, to the Dealership I go, furious. They start arguing with me that I lost the remaining 3 nuts. " I don't think so Tim!" for the Home Improvement fans. " Our mechanics would NEVER do that" the Service Manager told me. After demanding it be repaired, the same mechanic was called to take it into the shop, and fix it. I actually watched him reach into his tool cabinet, and pull out the 3 missing nuts,and put them back on. The reason I KNOW that they were the ones off the car originally was.....now think about this.... one of the missing nuts was a locknut, and they only come in a set of 4. I couldn't believe my eyes or ears, when he came out with the car and said " he found some". Haven't been back there since, and never will. And, will never buy one from there either.
My daughter brought her 2016 Buick Encore ( Still under warranty ) for a safety inspection last week. ( Actually I brought it in but she picked it up. ) Going to try to make this short. The bill was for over $900 so she called me. I said "don't pay anything I'll be right there." So I started taking the bill apart. They charged for 2 days of car rental because they had to wait for parts, I got them to scratch that off immediately because vehicle warranty says free rentals. They charged her for an oil change when the vehicle wasn't due for one. They said they had to change the oil because of the defective part on the car ???? scratch that off too. They charged her for parts they said weren't covered under warranty and I proved them wrong there too. Final bill $48, $35 for inspection and $10 for turning rear rotor plus tax. I was going to press them for the brake rotors but the guy was already very red in the face and didn't want him to have an aneurysm pop and splatter us with blood.

Then she get's in the vehicle and it dies before she can make it out of the dealership. So she calls me again since I had already left so I turned around and went back ( Wasn't very far yet ) I told her to leave it where it was, right at the entrance with 4way flashers on and we went back in at the dealer. The first guy I dealt with "Dylan" Promised me that this time he would make sure everything would go smoothly according to warranty. They gave her a new XT4 for 2 days and they took care of her real good. Bill was $0 when we picked up her Encore and everybody was disgustingly polite. Even the dealership owner was there to apologize to her personally. I think I must have hit somebodies nerve.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Cutter thanked for this post
Likes Grunt, Cutter liked this post

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome