Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - Power up or Move On?
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 05-30-2019, 01:54 PM
skutflut

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash Rip Rock View Post
Hey Gang,

We are moving in about a month. Approximately 30 miles to the southeast of my current location. We will be up on top of a hill. This house has a lot more driveway and a lot more sidewalks. Talking with neighbors I have found out we will not receive snow removal. The Township I guess has decided that it isn't that important to remove the snow.
I am in a position to purchase any snowblower I want BRAND NEW. Yes, the wife has given me permission. So should I try to repower the old Craftsman around 1989 Vintage or buy something new? If I go new, what in the world do I get? I'm sure I have just opened Pandora's Box with my request. So, I will be inundated with suggestions or no responses at all.
Thanks again for all the help last fall. You guys got me up and running. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Since you will be moving to a new home where the town does not clear snow, and to really endear yourself to your new neighbours, how about one of these.

You probably don't want a new one, a bit pricey but if you got the spare cash, why not. There are however lots of used ones around
Attached Images

Work fascinates me.
I can watch somebody work for hours...
2008 Craftsman 944.528391 (It's a Husqvarna ST227P)
27", B&S 305cc 13.5 ft/lb Torque 9.5 hp
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Bash Rip Rock thanked for this post
Likes Bash Rip Rock liked this post

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome