Snowblower Forum banner

Video for Ariens "Platinum" lovers...

5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  justadbeer 
#1 · (Edited)
Link:

Funny isn't it?… :p

I'm not an anti-Ariens guy… but I posted this for those "haters" who keep telling everyone that Ariens is a "superior" brand to other makes… Yeah, sure...:icon_whistling:

Claude.

#2 ·
I watched all his videos related to this. He does a nice job putting them together. But I can’t help but think he was asking too much of this machine.

He subsequently went out and bought a unit, tractor mounted 3 point hitch, powered by PTO. Probably a good call.

#5 ·
I also say he needs some attention to his garage … that is a lot of snow getting inside his garage, as he has to shovel out the inside of his garage … lol

If he pays attention to his machine like his garage, then of course he is not to adept in his pursuits.

#6 ·
Funny isn't it?… :p

I'm not an anti-Ariens guy… but I posted this for those "haters" who keep telling everyone that Ariens is a "superior" brand to other makes… Yeah, sure...:icon_whistling:

Claude.
Starting a new thread with a two year old video with sarcasm and emojis...who's the "hater"?

I don't know what to make of this guy. There's plenty of videos out there of Platinums working just fine. If nothing else, it's a lesson in why you shouldn't buy snowblowers online if don't know what you're doing. I notice he removed the comments now.

#9 ·
Starting a new thread with a two year old video with sarcasm and emojis...who's the "hater"?
I guess you didn't read my post right…:wacko: Didn't you notice that I began my post by saying that I am not an "anti-Ariens"guy. It's just that I just happen to see that video and found it funny. I guess that you and I don't have the same sense of humor! :icon-shrug: I don't "hate" any snowblower. Like everyone else, I have my preferences but don't hate any particular brand...

Claude. :icon-hgtg:

#13 ·
I could never imagine turning my body 180 degrees, as sitting on a rider, and blowing snow backwards … fact is, I have only seen forward facing blowers for riders … who ever designed a snowblower requiring you to turn around 180 while facing forward, to watch all the time in reverse …. lol

#15 ·
Interesting.

I'm just taking a break after two hours of blowing with my 7 year old Ariens 24" Deluxe Platinum. We just had two days of heavy, wet snow with high winds that drifted it up, The machine handled it with no problems, but I have drift busters and attack it lengthwise rather than just diving into it face first. I didn't watch the whole video to see if he tried this.

#16 ·
I wonder if you could use a nice backup camera to help with that. Having to stay turned around all the time could be tough, especially with any sort of back/neck issues.

Presumably the rear-mounted blowers give better drive traction, since the blower is acting as ballast over the drive wheels. With front-mounted blowers on tractors, you often apparently need to add a lot of weight at the back to keep from getting stuck, since the blower wants to un-weight the back wheels. And I guess if you were lucky enough to have a front-end loader on your tractor, you could also use that to help with plow-style snow management (picking up piles, etc), while also having a blower available. That could be pretty sweet combo :)

#18 ·
This guys videos have been dissected several times before on here. The machine was delivered in the crate. He did the assembly and adjustments himself. I'll bet anything his problems were self inflicted and he clearly doesn't know how to operate the machine judging by his technique.

I tried telling him what to check and adjust and how to run the machine before he closed the comments. He proceeded to tell me what a no nothing fool I am and that he spoke to the president of Ariens who told him their new snowblowers aren't any good. That's right, the president of Ariens personally told this clown they make crap snowblowers... so says the clown.

The guy is the ultimate TOOL. He really thinks he's the cats ass and don't dear disagree with him.

#19 ·
LOL … Little does the guy in the video know, that people who really know how to operate a snowblower, are laughing there ass off on how he carries along in the video.

Oh, and the President of Ariens personally told him that Ariens makes crap … I got to tell you, this guy is certainly living in his own world of dreams, or on some serious medication or drugs.

#20 ·
LOL … Little does the guy in the video know, that people who really know how to operate a snowblower, are laughing there ass off on how he carries along in the video.

Oh, and the President of Ariens personally told him that Ariens makes crap … I got to tell you, this guy is certainly living in his own world of dreams, or on some serious medication or drugs.

true

but the guy who cant adjust his drive which is pretty simple
post the vid to try and put down ariens machines

Thats all I have to say about that
smh

#21 · (Edited)
After watching a few of this guys' videos I've come to the conclusion he doesn't have sense enough to pour **** out of a boot.

Running headlong into drifted snow a foot over the bucket and he can't figure out why it won't drive? It says Ariens, not Caterpillar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.