Snowblower Forum banner

Look what found me today!!

13K views 66 replies 19 participants last post by  orangputeh 
#1 ·
I am the owner of a Yanmar YSR2600. Let the fun begin.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
:eek:ccasion14:Welcome to SBF.

Yes it says WADO on the bottom left of the data plate.I found tracks I think from a place called Shanghai Puyi Industrial and on their website it says 100 dollars each track!! Probably too good to be true. Any idea where I could find the manuals for this blower?

Proper cats for that will be around $300/side. I'll see if I can hunt up a manual.

PS... the tracks are steel-belted, and *very* heavy.

#5 ·
Might be shortening the dragons neck a bit. Probably gonna convert chute controls from manual to electric as well. New tracks are around 700 bucks delivered. Not as bad as I thought.I have to wait a couple of weeks for the tracks cuz of the Chinese new year. :icon_cussing_black: Need to replace all the belts and a couple of hydraulic lines, and all the fuel lines. Fired right up with a jump start. Gonna need a new battery as well. Overall I"m pretty stoked!!:thumbsup:

#7 ·
following

don't you have enough to do? I never got the pictures of your prototype new style bucket height adjuster with the older hs models.

you should post them on the honda forum. would be very interesting to honda owners what you did.

Reactions: Rooskie
#9 ·
Progress

I got the drive, hydraulic, and main pto belts changed. There is a lot of stuff that has to come off to change belts. Two of the four had numbers, I had to guess on the others. I think it's gonna have to come apart again so I can play match game. The good thing about fractional horsepower belts is that they come in 1 inch increments so it's a little easier to get the right size narrowed down. I'm getting the auger belts and a variety of sizes tomorrow. I'll post pictures soon.

#12 ·
It wasn't listed. It was hiding in plain sight about 5 miles from my house! And you are correct, the fractional horsepower belts do come in more than 1 inch increments. The power rated belts are the ones that come in 1 inch increments and thats what I'm using. They're a little beefier and the 2 belts that had numbers were power rated. Since I have no manual for this machine I'm pretty much gonna take the whole machine apart and write my own manual! I took off an auger to lube the shaft. Who knows, this thing might just end up with a turbo charger :surprise: I think this is the original hour meter, and it works. Not bad for what I think is a 50 year old machine. I'm still trying to figure out the exact age, I'm not very good at reading Japanese!!

Attachments

#15 ·
It wasn't listed. It was hiding in plain sight about 5 miles from my house!
I just did a craigslist and facebook market search last week in that area and Colorado is why I asked. I do one every now and then. I had an opportunity about two or three years ago for one but I hesitated too long. :crying: Kicking myself now for that lapse in judgement.
Still in the market for one if you come across another.

#14 ·
man that thing is a Monster!

if anyone can restore it , you can Kevin. Once you're don I would like to come over again and see it and your other project ( using the new HSS height adjustment hardware on the old HS models )

#17 ·
That is awesome, good luck! I'm amazed at the 2,200 hours. That's a lot of hours on a lawn tractor, which would get regular use every week, for months. How does one get that many hours on a snowblower?? Wow. It must have been in a serious-clearing situation!

Those sound like pretty wild machines. It would be cool to see them really going to town, clearing a big storm, from a large area. I hope you get some good snow, once you get it ready for action!

#23 ·
I got some parts from Wado in Japan yesterday. Three day shipping cost the same as shipping from New York to California. I got a new impeller and the coupler that connects the main shaft to the auger gear box, and a few other small parts. The auger gear box on the new machines is the same as the one on my 1988 model. Mine is a Yanmar but it was actually made by Wado. The keyway slot in the coupler was not happy and the bushings in the impeller where it rides on the main shaft were a bit wallowed out. There is a chain that rides in the auger gear box that drives the top auger. The tensioner slide was not flipped up against the adjusting bolt where its supposed to be so the chain was just riding on the bolt. It was ready to destroy the entire gear box. So I am resealing the gear box and putting in a new chain and adjusting bolt with the tensioner slide in the proper position.Kinda fun taking it apart to figure out how everything works and putting it back together the way it's supposed to be. Here is a couple of pictures.

Attachments

#28 ·
Thanks Del, I actually got some pages from my new Japanese friend at Wado named Jugo! He sent me the parts drawings and part numbers and sent me what I needed. The chain tensioner is actually part of the upper auger gear box, number 5 in your parts breakdown. I'll get some better photos for you. I'm basically writing my own service manual cuz I can't seem to get one. Take it apart, figure out how it works and what isn't right, correct the problems, reassemble!! What could go wrong??