Snowblower Forum banner

Looky what I found today!!

6K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Ray 1962 10ML60 
#1 ·
It wasn't running but only needed very minor TLC to get it going. It is way too big and I'm selling it just as soon as I give it a good cleaning, a good check over. This blower is in really great condition and everything works fine.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
She scored with that one, and I'd think that I would list it at $750 to allow some room for negotiation. It is a big machine that is in good to excellent condition.

#5 ·
That is quite the find. The person who put the free sign on it had absolutely no idea of the value of a machine like that. I got my old structuraly sound yet blue smoke blowing Gilson made Montgomery Wards 8/26 for $15. I say you could easily get $500 for a good running machine like that. Way too big for your average homeowners to make full use off. But a nice machine non the less.

#9 ·
LOL. My driveway is about 35' long and one car wide. Have a one car garage. Where would I keep it and why?? I sold my wonderful old Gilson 826 because it was too big. I have a Toro 521 now, and a Powerclear 21". At this moment I have 5 snowblowers. She's up for sale.
I went out this morning and primer it, choked it and pulled the rope. Started first pull. I'm happy.

#12 ·
Joe, JD doesn't go by that date formula. Check the Tecumseh number stamped in the pull start housing under or along the electric start plug. Use that date code to give a 10 year span idea on the year, then usually add a year to get close. Black handle bars, and the taller shoot put you at least late 80's +. Mid 80's back into the 70's had chrome handle bars and a short chute. She is a beauty regardless of the year. Wish you good luck in your sale.

#13 ·
JT, very good to hear from you. Hope you had a fine summer.
Thanks for the info on dating the blower. I suspected I was incorrect on reading that number, since I saw an identical machine that was numbered 377. I was positive they didn't make machines like this in the 70's. I'll check the Tecumseh number.. It appears to be HM100 -15912N - SER 8260D Does that number make sense? 5/91?

#15 ·
I am almost certain that you will find the Tec #'s under the electric start plug. It seems kind of universal that they do this.

#16 ·
Wife calls me to tell me she found a J.D. rototiller at the end of somebody's driveway, ( bless her heart!) with a 'FREE' sign sticking to it. Long story short she held off everybody til, I could go home for the loading ramps and tools. It wasn't running but only needed very minor TLC to get it going. It is way too big and I'm selling it just as soon as I give it a good cleaning, a good check over and oil change. This blower is in really great condition and everything works fine.
that's a funny looking rototiller

#18 ·
Makes you wonder what she thinks a mower is.....

#17 ·
Joe, Prior to 2004ish Tecumseh's last digits are the year code (4 digit only giving decade of year and day of that year in 3 digits). yours would be a year ending in "8", built on the260th day (Sept. 17), and production line "D"
The numbers previous to that are for engine parts. Going by that and the condition, it's likely the original engine. I think that bucket style ended around '92 so I say yours would be an '88 or '89. I emailed JD and they responded mine was an '89 serial was M00826X599751 engine was 8273D.
They may have been friends:D

#24 ·
Hey joe, didn't realize you had this other thread going on that great blower. Fantastic story and HUGE score! Take the wife out to dinner at least for getting you that beautiful rototiller!! Should bring some nice money as the winter gets closer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.