Snowblower Forum banner

Confused on how this part gets installed (video)

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  superedge88 
#1 ·
Hello friends. I am seeking help on what initially seemed like an easy part to replace on my Honda HS928. The bushing that holds the chute crank lever cracked and I ordered up a new one. But I don't know how to install it since there is a ridge on the chute crank lever that keeps the bushing from just being slid up to the bracket. I am more electrically inclined than mechanically it seems, so please forgive my ignorance in this matter. I'm hoping that someone can guide me so that I can get this taken care of today. Thanks for all the help! I put a video together to show what I'm talking about.
Honda hs928 chute crank bushing install?? - YouTube

#2 ·
I have replaced that bushing in two ways. 1) Hammer out (with the appropriate size center punch) the spring pin marked #30 on the below diagram. Your crank rod #15 will then separate from #23 and allow you to replace the bushing. 2) Pull like **** on the plastic crank handle #16. It should pull over the little bump at the end of the crank and allow you to slip the new bushing in place (there is a small chance you may destroy#17 in the process). Good luck.

Auto part Text Font Transmission part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.