Snowblower Forum banner

need manual

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Big Ed 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a craftsman snow blower model #536.882602. I have not been able to find a manual on line. Motor runs great, but as soon as I put it any gear both forward and reverse it takes off without squeezing the "clutch?" on the handle. I bought it used on craigslist and I don't think it's supposed to do that. This is my first snow blower and any help would be appreciated. The snow blower is a 26" with a 7hp motor. I do not know when it was made.

Thanks,
Mark

#2 ·
I have a craftsman snow blower model #536.882602. I have not been able to find a manual on line. Motor runs great, but as soon as I put it any gear both forward and reverse it takes off without squeezing the "clutch?" on the handle. I bought it used on craigslist and I don't think it's supposed to do that. This is my first snow blower and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
Welcome to the site, I am on my way out the door.
I can't find a manual but found some breakdown pictures for you.
Must just need an adjustment, I am sure someone else will add to this shortly if not I will look some more when I get back.

Check out the diagrams. I wonder why the site doesn't list a manual?
CRAFTSMAN CRAFTSMAN 26 IN-7 H.P. SNOW THROWER Parts | Model 536882602 | SearsPartsDirect

What year is it do you know? Bucket width? Horse power? Wheels or tracks?
There is probably another manual from a different machine that you can get the adjustments instructions for. A lot are basically the same, just a different model number.

I can't search anymore right now got to go.:D

#3 ·
The link address answered the bucket size and horse power.
There must be a manual for it. Got wheels too I see I didn't look at the parts pictures.
I am in a hurry to do something.:eek:

But....I got to go now.;)

#5 ·
Manuals

Hello and welcome to the forum MLegate. I found the manual here, I hope this helps.

http://www.hammerwall.com/Download_Manual/16323/
I don't believe that's the manual the requestor needs. That's for a friction disc machine while the one he has I believe has the Tecumseh transmission in it.
If that's the case, I have one that though it may not be that exact model is close enough it covers what he likely needs. 536.882xxx were painted gray and black while 5326.918xxx were red and white. Other than paint they were basically the same machines otherwise.

If the original requestor wants it, pm me with your email address and I'll email the pdf out. All I ask is if you can help someone else along the way, send it out the same way.

Paul

#7 ·
Mark is cable that is on the handle for your "clutch" loose?
Follow the cable down to the shift rod is it attached? When you squeeze the handle does the shift rod move?

I didn't think that was his manual with a friction plate.
Hmm, they have the transmission.......for $271.74!:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.