Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - Auger handle adjustment
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 01-29-2015, 10:56 AM
pjw73nh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Robert, (et al)

Thank you very much for posting this. I had the exact same issue yesterday with our 30" of snow.

The auger clutch lever would not stay engaged with the drive lever engaged. I will tend to this later this week when I have time.

I have another (most likely related) question.

My unit is a wheeled HS928 from 1999 (I bought it brand new as a left-over in 2000). I am truly amazed by this piece of machinery. In the 15 years I have had this (with no exaggeration) it has started on the first compression stroke EVERY season. I add a few drops of oil in the cylinder and STABIL in the fuel before I put it away for the summer.

Anyway, last year I had an issue with the auger lever not DISENGAGING when released. It felt like stiction, or a binding cable perhaps. I examined it as best I could and lubed the questionable points but to no avail. This is a safety issue, as when I release the auger lever, it stays engaged for quite some time until vibration eventually causes it to release.

The only way I could find to alleviate the issue was to remove the (auger clutch lever spring as pictured above.). I know this is only a band-aid fix, and was hoping for a more permanent solution.

Could the two issues be related, and I just need to disassemble the levers and shafts, give them a good cleaning and lube?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

P.../NH

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome