Snowblower Forum banner

slow in r2... can I adjust anything?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Pathfinder13 
#1 ·
Can I adjust anything to make it quicker in r2 reverse? I have a 8hp tecumseh craftsman

#3 ·
If F1 and R1 works normally as it should then there's not much you can do about it as this would indicate your unit is adjusted well.

#5 ·
The Friction disk is a rubber wheel mounted on the hex shaft and slides left and right to achieve different drive wheel speeds. It needs firm contact with the spinning flat plate to drive the wheels.
You need to tip the machine up on the bucket and remove the belly pan to take a look. You may be able to adjust the position and tension with the cable or linkage.

The further away the contact point is from the vertical center line of the spinning plate the faster the drive wheels turn. Also, depends on how fast the engine is running. ;)

You want to make sure nothing is slipping. The tension of the friction disk may need to be tightened. Make sure the drive belt is not slipping, the spinning plate is secure and the bearing has no play.
This is the easy stuff to check.
If this does not solve your issue take a few pics and repost what you found.

#6 ·
Excellent Instruction from 8-2-4 ! I will only ad that he might want to clean the metal spinning disc and the rubber friction disc surfaces with alcohol if they seem like they are dirty/greasy at all. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.