Snowblower Forum banner

Husqvarna Friction disk vs Hydro????? which blower?

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Zavie 
#1 ·
Story behind question
From Cape Cod and were getting pounded with snow......I recently had a ST 230P... Made 2 passes down my driveway thats about 75 yards long with about 15" of snow and the machine started smoking.. Brought it back to the dealer seeing it was 5 days old... They said I was doing too much and smoked a belt!!!!!:mad:.... Now I'm swapping it out for a ST 327P which is a hypo instead of a friction disk.. Been told it will handle the large amounts of snow...
Sorry for the long winded ness but...

1. Why is the hydro able to handle more snow/ "Better"?

2. Do you think the ST 327P will handle large amount of wet heavy snow or should I get the ST330p( track machine)

Figured you boys would know seeing theres barley any info on theses models out yet.. Thank you so much for your replies.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. I'm thinking your ST 230P was not adjusted correctly. My Husqvarna 924HVX easily handled 19" earlier this year. Having said that the ST 327P is a heavy duty machine. It's not just the transmission, but the bigger engine and the 14" cast iron impeller should kick any amount of snow you face. The ST 327P also features a heavy duty 10 year warranty cast iron gear box.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
Good to know! Thanks for the replys.. DONT EVER GET RID OF THE 924!!!! I really regret selling mine!:mad:

We'll see how the 327 goes in this deep snow... It'll be in next week and were getting 12"-14" tonight...

I just want a machine that I can go do 5-6 driveways after clearing mine. Im 28 and have a fiancé in college ..made some decent $ last storm doing some driveways. So i figured hey get a bigger more powerful machine so I can do them quicker and more efficiently. Really hoping the 327 is as tough as they state. Im looking for a cry once buy once... Thats why I was wondering if I should get the track machine..

Why are the Hydros able to move snow better? This has the same CC engine as the machine I just returned?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.