Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - 300 Series MTD snowblower Carb instructions?
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 10-23-2012, 01:33 PM
bwdbrn1
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Hi vdotmatrix, welcome to the forum and thanks for coming around to ask us your questions.

I usually start by picking out the biggest hammer I have in my tool box. Just kidding..it can be pretty daunting when looking at all the sheet metal and plastic around everything, but it's really pretty simple and straight forward for the most part. Usually just a screw driver or two, a wrench to remove the carb from the engine, a can of carb cleaner and some compressed air and you should be in business.

Looking at the parts diagram, the engine and carb looks pretty darn like a Honda, or one of the clones.

Take a look at some of the things on this site. Look under service, then service information and service videos.

http://honda-engines-eu.com/en/welcome.html

This fellow has so many useful and helpful videos on his YouTube page, I'm sure you can find what you need to know.

The Small Engine Doctor - YouTube

There's also a lot of helpful information about the removal and cleaning of carbs here.

Small Engine, Lawn Mower, Snowthrower Troubleshooting, Repairs and Safety

Hope that helps you a little bit. Hopefully somebody with more specific knowledge of your machine will come along.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome