Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - View Single Post - First post in the JDM category
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 12-07-2015, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
dbert

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanmar Ronin View Post

And thanks to Del, he's the one who really started it.
Whats fun to think about is how much searching I did before I learned my machine was a Wado from Japan. The Japanese writing on the labels was my only clue. After finally discovering Yahoo Japan Auctions and their snow blower category (were talking months of searching) I found my first sibling. There was no longer a doubt where DMC/LMC got their (my) machine.

Searching LMC/Wado found the guy that worked at LMC and set it all up with Wado. He made a few trips to Japan to work on this venture. I talked to him a few times. They figured that the ski resorts they were selling big snow cats to, might also be interested in a bigger snow blower. I dont think it worked out very well, but I would love to find out what ever happened to the other one or two that they did import. I think mine spent the better part of it's life here in Utah at the Snowbird resort. It was owned by an individual that lived at a nearby ski resort when I got it.
I also remember him mentioning there being a bunch of DMC-12 (Deloreans) stored at the DMC/LMC snow cat facility. John Delorean was in the middle of his whole legal mess. They may have been hiding them from creditors, but I don't remember the exact reason.

The folks in Japan are innovative. I recognize features on my snowblower that I don't believe existed in north america at that time. For example the serrated augers are everywhere today, but in 1984/1985?
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes nwcove liked this post

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome